• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

boston fans are obnoxious across all sports, but not living on either coast definitely insulates me from the worst of the remaining fanbases

First officially unofficial reporting I've seen that the Magic are going to take Smith and the Thunder will take Chet.
https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2022/5...2-magic-jabari-smith-jr-thunder-chet-holmgren

That pushes Banchero to the Rockets and Ivey to the Kings. Both have questions of fit.

Probably explains why there are murmurs that the Rockets and Kings are shopping their picks.

So, OKC is going to have

Josh Giddey

1354995018.jpeg

Aleksej Pokusevski

1310978140.jpeg

Chet Holmgren

Chet-Holmgren-Basketball-Arizona-GettyImages-1229567376-Publicity-H-2021.jpg

Man, the Thunder strength coach is going to have his work cut out for him....

I don't know if the Kings want Banchero or Ivey. I'm not sure how Banchero and Domantas would play together. None of the stretchy wings in this draft seem like sure things but the Kings need some. The Kings got the #4 pick while trading to make the playoffs at the deadline. What a franchise.

It seems like the Hornets could do some good with the 13th and 15th picks. Could they not move up pretty damn far if they traded both those picks to one of those rebuilding teams? They must have a thousand trade options either with moving up in the draft or trading them for a veteran. Deandre Ayton comes to mind

And its time to get a coach Hornets

Last edited:
#13 and #15 can maybe get them to #9 or #10. This isn't considered a strong draft, so I doubt teams will trade down for multiple picks. They'd be better off trading one and a player for a veteran or something like that.

hornets need to try to package both picks and PJ to try to get a legitimate starting 5. that wouldn't be enough in total to get in on rudy or ayton but would be a start. there are a lot of ways to go if you include 3rd team

if they can't, they should double dip for defensive bigs at 13 and 15 with mark williams from duke and sochan from baylor (what givony currently has mocked)

Rumors are the Hornets (along with Spurs, Hawks, Blazers, Pistons) will be among the teams vying for Ayton.

You just have to have a rim running and shot blocking center if you have Lamelo on your team.

The Hornets really could be set up for some strong playoff run level teams if they nail this off season.

I think Williams has a strong future.

it's mind bending that duren is above him

seems like a sure thing to be, at the very least, very good

Exactly. It's quite possible there's no more than one maybe two future All-Stars in this draft, just some very good players with long careers. Teams outside the top 3 should focus on getting high floor role players at positions of need. Mark Williams has a very high floor as a rim protector and rim runner who can stay on the floor in crunch time (.727 FT last season). Seems like a good guy from what I've seen. His big sister is an WNBA vet, so he's got a built in mentor.

He could develop a decent outside shot like Mo Bamba has. It's also possible that he could be a decent perimeter defender on switches. He could be in the rotation from day 1. Any team who needs a C should take him.

I hate Duke, but barring injury Mark Williams will be a factor on defense in the NBA for a long time. He's also so athletic that his offensive game can improve. Rare that Duke players get better in the pros, but always felt like K didn't realize what he had in Williams.

I hate Duke, but barring injury Mark Williams will be a factor on defense in the NBA for a long time. He's also so athletic that his offensive game can improve. Rare that Duke players get better in the pros, but always felt like K didn't realize what he had in Williams.

K realized it, he just didn’t give a shit.

Mark Williams measured 7ft 2 and his standing reach was 9'9" - which will be the highest reach on the NBA. More than even Gobert. I really hope the Hornest can get him.

Back