• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

Marvin Williams was on the radio this morning shilling for Clifford, saying he'll get the young guys to play team defense without giving up much offense. Saying the reasons he played at a slower pace in CLT and Orlando was because he had Al Jefferson/Dwight and Vucevic, so personnel dictated the pace, but that he can ramp it up if needed. I'll believe it when I see it.

"Hold guys accountable on defense" sounds great until LaMelo is riding the pine for gambling in the passing lane while Cliff brings in Michael Carter-Williams to iso dribble for 18 seconds before hoisting.

Sources: Los Angeles Lakers only team known to be seeking Brooklyn Nets guard Kyrie Irving in a sign-and-trade deal

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...oklyn-nets-guard-kyrie-irving-sign-trade-deal

Seems like the play would be for the Lakers to convince Kyrie to come join for $6 million this year and then wink/wink we'll take care of you next year for a long term deal. Jennie Buss is probably one of the few you can trust on that.

JC may not even be involved in a Dejounte Murray trade.

I don't understand trading a 24 year old All-Star PG to prepare for the future. It's amazing how the Spurs have gone from a veteran team to a perennially young team. Drafting 3 19 year olds then trading for 2 or 3 picks just seems like way to never become an experienced contending roster. Most of next season's roster was born after Pop started coaching the Spurs.

Last edited:
...why would the Spurs do that trade?

Sorry, don't believe you, Zach Klein.

i dunno - this is like the 2nd or 3rd offseason with lots and lots of Murray trade rumors

seems like something is off with him and the spurs

...why would the Spurs do that trade?

Sorry, don't believe you, Zach Klein.

To make me sad and to pit my Spurs fandom against my Hawks fandom.

If the Hawks have a Dejounte/Trae backcourt, those multiple picks aren't going to be that good.

Who was the klutch guy that screwed the spurs over recently? Maybe they want out of the klutch sports family.

If you're talking with Atlanta, you're asking for De'Andre Hunter at least. Soon-to-be 34 year-old Gallinari and late 1st rounders? Fuck outta here.

I don't think Murray gets moved.

i wonder if KD wants to beat the warriors now that the narrative is that they dubs didn't really him

i dont think what i said about that potential trade was even spicy. suns won 64 games last year. ayton averaged 17 and 10 on 64% shooting and mikal bridges is a top 3 defensive wing in the nba. is bismack biymobo the new starting center after this hypothetical trade?

The number of shot creators on the Suns quickly dwindles to zippo after Booker and CP. I'd do that deal every damn time if I'm the Suns. I imagine they'd have to throw in Cam Johnson or some picks, too.

he is a RFA. he could go sign any deal and they could match and he would have to kick rocks.

i dont think what i said about that potential trade was even spicy. suns won 64 games last year. ayton averaged 17 and 10 on 64% shooting and mikal bridges is a top 3 defensive wing in the nba. is bismack biymobo the new starting center after this hypothetical trade?

JAVALE MCGEE

Back