• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

There’s hasn’t been much dramatic movement this year in general except the same dudes responsible for most of the drama: KD, Harden, and Simmons. Just basic basketball moves.

GPII to the Blazers.

There’s hasn’t been much dramatic movement this year in general except the same dudes responsible for most of the drama: KD, Harden, and Simmons. Just basic basketball moves.

GPII to the Blazers.

I'm not counting on the "governors" having much in the way of perspective, but this is a good point that a handful of max-level players are exploiting the CBA and the rest of the league appears to be doing pretty okay? Big moves by the Blazers and Knicks, responsible moves by the Clippers and Bucks, some intriguing marginal signings by the Lakers and Nuggets. The league is doing okay outside of its Big 3 malcontents.

Yeah. For all the players’ league talk, things are pretty stable and moves are for on court and cap reasons.

Huerter to the Kings for some guys and a first.

Yeah. For all the players’ league talk, things are pretty stable and moves are for on court and cap reasons.

Huerter to the Kings for some guys and a first.

A purely financial trade to avoid the tax. Kinda lame because I liked Kevin, but Murray was going to take a lot of his minutes anyway and with them both in a backup role he becomes pretty redundant with Bogdan

A purely financial trade to avoid the tax. Kinda lame because I liked Kevin, but Murray was going to take a lot of his minutes anyway and with them both in a backup role he becomes pretty redundant with Bogdan

Yeah. Do we need to take the Kings seriously now? If Keegan Murray is solid or good out of the box, they could contend for the 8 spot.

Brogdon to the Celtics for some guys and a first.

Smart move by the Celtics?

Malcolm Brogdon to the Celtics for Nesmith, Theis, and a 1st.

Wow, I dig.

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Ish traded to Nugs; Dejounte to Hawks

that’s an absolute steal. brogdon might be injury prone but they got him for scraps and a pick and the upside is high

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Ish traded to Nugs; Dejounte to Hawks

Heavily protected pick and some guys deals like Derrick White, Huerter, and Brogdon make you wonder why teams even bother drafting.

If you’re not good, you get to pick. If you’re good, it’s probably because you traded that pick for an actual proven NBA player.

Last edited:

That is a lot more than a salary dump. It reunites 2 out of 3 Holidays with McMillan and Harkless gives them more defensive versatility on the wing. It think it improves Atlanta significantly.

And holy shit did the Celtics fleece Indy. Why the fuck would Indy even consider that trade? Even if for whatever reason they feel like they have to trade Brogdon, there is no way that bucket of spare parts is all they could get for him.

As for KD, why wouldn't the Nets just say fuck no? We've destroyed our future by doing everything you asked us to do with Kyrie then Harden then dumping Harden for a bigger assclown because this is what you wanted, while paying you an obscene amount of money, and now you want out? Absolutely no fucking way. You can stay here and play and get paid, or you don't play at all and enjoy your halfass legacy. I mean goddamnit they paid him simply to rehab for an entire year.

One of the NBA TV guys said something like “KD’s people said KD had problems with Nets management but he was Nets management.”

I think the reason you don't just tell KD no is that you fuck yourself for future megastars in free agency, especially since Brooklyn is a top-five FA destination

balance of power has shifted to the all stars (and their agents)

I think the reason you don't just tell KD no is that you fuck yourself for future megastars in free agency, especially since Brooklyn is a top-five FA destination

This. And they should get a pretty big haul for KD, whereas I don't think they're getting much for Kyrie. As for KD, I think I'd rather see him in Toronto than Miami or Phoenix.

But what megastar are they getting who is better than KD? And obviously that excludes the other two who they just traded or are currently trading. I'd take my chances telling him he is playing there for 4 more years per the contract he signed than moving him to hope that they can attract someone else to voluntarily join their clownshow. It's not like megastars are going to be lining up to watch Ben Simmons fake more injuries while strangling their salary cap.

Back