• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

Bigs generally age quicker. This will be Gobert's 10th NBA season, and he's played 611 games plus 49 playoff games. That is a lot of wear and tear for a 7 footer. The T-wolves are intriguing, would be happy for that team to become a title contender, but that's a heavy price to pay for a good, but not a great player, who if he isn't on the downside now, he will be soon. Also, his contract is an anchor:

2022-23: $38 million
2023-24: $41 million
2024-25: $44 million
2025-26: $47 million

Maybe, Gobert's worth that next year, but those last couple of years could be a poison pill.

Seems like most of the players known for being productive at 35+ are bigs. Kareem, Duncan, Malone, Rodman, Parish, Dirk. There may be an equal number of guards and wings, but I don't think it's accurate to say bigs age quicker. Obviously this is no guarantee that Gobert will be great through the duration of that contract.

is he a free agent?

No, but there were rumors they were going to trade him. It would make sense to trade him to get back some draft capital but they'd still need a PG. So unless there's a young PG out there they really like and a team willing to trade that PG and a pick to get Russell, I doubt that will happen.

well they also just gave up like five players so I don't know how full their roster is to be sending guys out for draft capital

don't know anything about Kessler but feels like the rest of the guys are pretty fungible

If by fungible, you mean guys who will get NBA minutes on a good team, yeah.

Beasley is a good veteran role player (25 years old, 8th season upcoming) with a higher ceiling. He averaged 20 ppg on over 40% from deep to start his time with the T-Wolves. He has off the court issues but he could definitely be a 15+ ppg guy off the bench for the Jazz.

Vanderbilt is a cheap PF on 3/13 who can start and give you good minutes or come off the bench behind a better PF. But if you can start him, you're in a good position to spend elsewhere.

Pat Bev is Pat Bev.

Kessler was an elite college shot blocker. His ceiling is probably a middle-class man's Gobert or maybe a Poeltl.

So that's four guys who each could feasibly start on a good team and definitely should be part of a rotation, plus four picks from a franchise that has perennially sucked. If even two of those are unprotected, that's an amazing trade.

potential big lineups for the wolves are at least interesting. will this be the trend all NBA teams are copying 5 years from now? at least it’ll be different

potential big lineups for the wolves are at least interesting. will this be the trend all NBA teams are copying 5 years from now? at least it’ll be different

The Cavs just did it and it worked reasonably well for them given where they were. As the NBA continues to overvalue chucking, teams that can score at the rim will be able to win a lot of games.

5 firsts for rudy? how many firsts is KD worth? a bakers dozen?

teams are really in full blown fuck them picks la rams mode

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Jazz trade Gobert to T-Wolves

KD would have to be worth a package with 4 picks and two players that average around the level of a JC (like a borderline All-Star and legit starter) and some change.

DiVincenzo to the Dubs.

So I think all Kings have left for taking Marvin Bagley ahead of Luka, Trae, and several good players in a deep class is Josh Jackson.

I think the reason you don't just tell KD no is that you fuck yourself for future megastars in free agency, especially since Brooklyn is a top-five FA destination

balance of power has shifted to the all stars (and their agents)

I don’t really get this logic. Other potential megastars won’t consider Brooklyn because they didn’t play ball with a malcontent and they don’t want that to happen to them when they with the Nets for huge money and then become a malcontent too?

July 12, 2013: Traded Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, Jason Terry, D.J. White, a 2017 1st round draft pick (Kyle Kuzma was later selected) and a 2017 2nd round draft pick (Sasha Vezenkov was later selected) to the Brooklyn Nets for Keith Bogans, MarShon Brooks, Kris Humphries, Kris Joseph, Gerald Wallace, a 2014 1st round draft pick (James Young was later selected), a 2016 1st round draft pick (Jaylen Brown was later selected), a 2017 1st round draft pick (Markelle Fultz was later selected) and a 2018 1st round draft pick (Collin Sexton was later selected). (BOS got 2017 #1 overall pick from BRK as result of pick swap)

June 19, 2017: Traded a 2017 1st round draft pick (Markelle Fultz was later selected) to the Philadelphia 76ers for a 2017 1st round draft pick (Jayson Tatum was later selected) and a 2019 1st round draft pick (Romeo Langford was later selected). (Future 1st-Rd pick will either be LAL's 2018 pick if it falls between 2 & 5, or the better of PHI & SAC's 2019 picks, unless it is the #1 pick)

Rudy Gobert for FIVE first round draft picks

is danny ainge the greatest nba trader in history?

ps. i don't buy they aren't moving donovan mitchell. 1. like he is going to be happy with the direction 2. they should now be commited to the wenbanyama sweepstakes 3. if he got 5 firsts for rudy what can he get for donovan. teams are undervaluing (incorrectly imo) firsts right now.

i cannot even formulate a generous understanding of that Gobert trade

I think I’m behind on this thread. My thought is pop is going to tank to crest symmetry with his start

I don’t really get this logic. Other potential megastars won’t consider Brooklyn because they didn’t play ball with a malcontent and they don’t want that to happen to them when they with the Nets for huge money and then become a malcontent too?

And all this after they did nothing but play ball with him by giving away their future by making trades and signing guys to get the exact roster that he wanted. He is running from the problem that he created. It is ridiculous, he is such a bitch.

If I am other teams, why would I give 2 semi-stars and 4 picks for a guy who is already trying to escape from 4 years left on the deal that he signed with the team he created and here he allegedly wanted to be? What is he going to do on a team that he doesn't want to go to in the first place? I wouldn't plan on him being there even one year.

Back