• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

bill simmons had an interesting question on his podcast... would the sixers have been better off just trading simmons for cj mccollum 2 months ago vs the harden trade?

Official 2021-22 NBA Season Thread - HOF Manu

I don’t remember anything about Hoard’s time at Wake

He never scored 24 pts or grabbed 21 reb in a game at Wake. He did get 3 stls against Houston Baptist. Honestly, I don't remember much either. I just remember he had potential and left before he reached it because he thought he was going to be drafted.

Three guys from that 11-20 (4-14) played in the NBA this year.

Last edited:
seems like a team with sarr and hoard should have made the NIT at least lol

for fuck's sake danny manning went 11-20 with hoard, olivier sarr, and chaundee brown

the lakers will not make the playoffs. spurs are in the play-in. the westbrook trade is the worst of all time

Westbrook showed up. GM Lebron chose Westbrook over running it back with Kuzma, Montrezl, and KCP. GM Lebron chose to sign-and-trade to get Westbrook over DeRozan.

LOL.

i'm overly invested emotionally in westbrook and the lakers sucking this year

the lakers will not make the playoffs. spurs are in the play-in. the westbrook trade is the worst of all time

if we're gonna get the full throttle lakers offseason media cycle, it might as well start early

if we're gonna get the full throttle lakers offseason media cycle, it might as well start early

Lakers, Simmons, Harden. Typical offseason drama. It’s evidence that sports is more about drama and storylines instead of wins games to advance toward a championship.

As a Spurs fan, I’m used to being ignored in the national media. I get it. But few people are mentioning that the Lakers would still be in it if the Spurs hadn’t won 7 of their last 8 and gone 14-10 since trading Derrick White at the deadline. The Spurs got younger and better. They’re starting the youngest player in the league and playing him good minutes. The Spurs executed a rebuild in one season with a handful of NBA TV games.

He never scored 24 pts or grabbed 21 reb in a game at Wake. He did get 3 stls against Houston Baptist. Honestly, I don't remember much either. I just remember he had potential and left before he reached it because he thought he was going to be drafted.

Three guys from that 11-20 (4-14) played in the NBA this year.

Who else?

Michael Westbrook is a 9× NBA All-Star (2011–2013, 2015–2020). To me it seems like everyone thought the Lakers had created an NBA Superteam and that "Superteam" failed miserably. Personally I love it. The Nets have been an absolute joke too. Kyrie is an absolute scumbag (but great at basketball) and Simmons seems to not only be a trash player but also a trash person. Watching the latest attempts at superteams fail has been great. Seeing the CP and the Suns do well has been a great bonus.

bill simmons had an interesting question on his podcast... would the sixers have been better off just trading simmons for cj mccollum 2 months ago vs the harden trade?

No lol

What’s interesting about that question?

Yeah, can't wait for the drive home tonight listening to Justin Termine and Eddie Johnson on NBA radio spend my entire commute talking about the Lakers. At least it's better than the normal argument over Joel Embid.

What has happened? They have the worst scoring defense in the East. Teams just stroll into the lane and score against them.

Correct. We've been looking for years for a serviceable defensive 5 and no luck yet. As a result, the perimeter players have to sag against anyone with a remotely competent big or slashers, and we're relying on the Prosser-esque "leave them open and hope they miss" 3-point defense. Last night the Heat's interchangeable flock of white guys, who are reaching Patriots slot-receiver stereotype status, wrecked us from 3.

Borrego didn't do any favors with his rotation last night either. I understand shortening as we get closer to play-ins, but he cut Montrezl in favor of playing Oubre and McDaniels together, which should just never happen defensively. I guys they thought they would cover White Heat better on the perimeter, but that wasn't happening.

It is a downside of the Hornets' rebuilding being ahead of schedule with LaMelo and Bridges' development. They haven't plugged in that big yet while the rest of the team is reaching the stage of winning. Kai Jones may get there but he is a year away from being able to contribute to winning basketball. That is why a trade of Gordo's contract / PJ / Oubre / picks for Ayton or Gobert is so tempting.

Tempting for the Hornets but no way the Suns or Jazz make that trade.

The Lakers are pretty screwed for the foreseeable future since they traded all their young players and draft capital for a bunch of older players in decline. AD does not have what it takes to lead the team, so he will be stuck there in purgatory unless he tries to force his way out again. The only thing the Lakers can do is trade AD or LeBron, but LeBron may want to ride out the rest of his career in LA until his son is drafted, if that even happens.

Proud of the Spurs though. No one thought they had a chance at making the playoffs, but here they are.

Back