• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

The Cavs just did it and it worked reasonably well for them given where they were. As the NBA continues to overvalue chucking, teams that can score at the rim will be able to win a lot of games.

True. Especially as Sexton then Allen got hurt.

May work very well if they stay healthy.

Don't over value smal ball chucking.

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Jazz trade Gobert to T-Wolves

How does trading pick swaps work? If a bad team hoards draft picks and swaps, can they “swap” any pick they own, or is the swap limited to their own team picks?

I think it is "team a and team b swap their own picks in '25 if team a chooses."

How does trading pick swaps work? If a bad team hoards draft picks and swaps, can they “swap” any pick they own, or is the swap limited to their own team picks?

I think teams can swap with any pick for which they own the rights. However, the position of the pick in the draft order is determined by the draft position of the original owner of the pick. I don't think it matters how many intermediate teams the pick goes through.

I think teams can swap with any pick for which they own the rights. However, the position of the pick in the draft order is determined by the draft position of the original owner of the pick. I don't think it matters how many intermediate teams the pick goes through.

Ok, that answers my question. In a pick swap a team can swap a pick they acquired through trade.

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Jazz trade Gobert to T-Wolves

Ok, that answers my question. In a pick swap a team can swap a pick they acquired through trade.

I haven’t seen any evidence that has happened. I also doubt it’s the case because a team could just trade that acquired pick. Pick swaps are used in years teams can’t trade their pick which locks it in.

Last edited:
looking at this trade machine simulation and it looks like the pick swap is attached to a specific pick

which matches up with my intution

Charlotte pulls their offer for Bridges

I don't think they've actually done it yet, it is just rumored that they might. The qualifying offer is only $7.9, so given the situation it isn't out the realm of possibility that he signs that to ride out the legal process and any suspension. I'm not sure what team would sign him at this point as a UFA, so it may make sense on both sides. But who knows.

In better news, the Hornets re-signed Cody Martin for 4/$32. That is less than some were speculating and in line with GPII's deal, who he is better than, and a good value for the team going forward given his skillset and local roots.

I don't think they've actually done it yet, it is just rumored that they might. The qualifying offer is only $7.9, so given the situation it isn't out the realm of possibility that he signs that to ride out the legal process and any suspension. I'm not sure what team would sign him at this point as a UFA, so it may make sense on both sides. But who knows.

In better news, the Hornets re-signed Cody Martin for 4/$32. That is less than some were speculating and in line with GPII's deal, who he is better than, and a good value for the team going forward given his skillset and local roots.

They 100% must make a clean break from Bridges ASAP. Their hands are tied due to weird salary cap rules it sounds like they can’t really do anything with him until July 14 to maintain the ability to use their MLE after that.

Bridges belongs no where near this team going forward, there is no compromise that can be made anymore. Move forward with lamelo and the young guys and hope for the best with whatever you can do this year.

What a colossal dumbass and asshole Bridges is. I for one was surprised. He seemed like a good likable and I just didn’t expect him to ever be trouble. But yes, he needs to be gone. I’m a season ticket holder and I don’t want to see his ass on that floor again.

it's KD, you gotta call and see what they want for him. but that price looks too high for a team coming off a ship

what’s the point of free agency tampering rules?

what are they trying to prevent?

Back