Page 266 of 266 FirstFirst ... 166216256261262263264265266
Results 5,301 to 5,311 of 5311

Thread: Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Jazz trade Gobert to T-Wolves

  1. #5301
    Quote Originally Posted by 2&2 Slider To Leyritz View Post
    The Cavs just did it and it worked reasonably well for them given where they were. As the NBA continues to overvalue chucking, teams that can score at the rim will be able to win a lot of games.
    True. Especially as Sexton then Allen got hurt.

    May work very well if they stay healthy.

    Don't over value smal ball chucking.

  2. #5302

    Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Jazz trade Gobert to T-Wolves

    How does trading pick swaps work? If a bad team hoards draft picks and swaps, can they “swap” any pick they own, or is the swap limited to their own team picks?
    Draxx them sklounst

  3. #5303
    I think it is "team a and team b swap their own picks in '25 if team a chooses."

  4. #5304
    Quote Originally Posted by myDeaconmyhand View Post
    How does trading pick swaps work? If a bad team hoards draft picks and swaps, can they “swap” any pick they own, or is the swap limited to their own team picks?
    I think teams can swap with any pick for which they own the rights. However, the position of the pick in the draft order is determined by the draft position of the original owner of the pick. I don't think it matters how many intermediate teams the pick goes through.

  5. #5305
    Quote Originally Posted by Deaconblue View Post
    I think teams can swap with any pick for which they own the rights. However, the position of the pick in the draft order is determined by the draft position of the original owner of the pick. I don't think it matters how many intermediate teams the pick goes through.
    Ok, that answers my question. In a pick swap a team can swap a pick they acquired through trade.
    Draxx them sklounst

  6. #5306
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    133,107

    Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Jazz trade Gobert to T-Wolves

    Quote Originally Posted by myDeaconmyhand View Post
    Ok, that answers my question. In a pick swap a team can swap a pick they acquired through trade.
    I haven’t seen any evidence that has happened. I also doubt it’s the case because a team could just trade that acquired pick. Pick swaps are used in years teams can’t trade their pick which locks it in.
    Last edited by PhDeac; Yesterday at 10:22 PM.

  7. #5307
    looking at this trade machine simulation and it looks like the pick swap is attached to a specific pick

    which matches up with my intution

  8. #5308
    Quote Originally Posted by buckets View Post
    keegan murray is borrrrring
    !!!

  9. #5309
    ooooooooooooooooooopppps

  10. #5310
    Quote Originally Posted by TenaciousKory View Post
    Charlotte pulls their offer for Bridges
    I don't think they've actually done it yet, it is just rumored that they might. The qualifying offer is only $7.9, so given the situation it isn't out the realm of possibility that he signs that to ride out the legal process and any suspension. I'm not sure what team would sign him at this point as a UFA, so it may make sense on both sides. But who knows.

    In better news, the Hornets re-signed Cody Martin for 4/$32. That is less than some were speculating and in line with GPII's deal, who he is better than, and a good value for the team going forward given his skillset and local roots.

  11. #5311
    Quote Originally Posted by 2&2 Slider To Leyritz View Post
    I don't think they've actually done it yet, it is just rumored that they might. The qualifying offer is only $7.9, so given the situation it isn't out the realm of possibility that he signs that to ride out the legal process and any suspension. I'm not sure what team would sign him at this point as a UFA, so it may make sense on both sides. But who knows.

    In better news, the Hornets re-signed Cody Martin for 4/$32. That is less than some were speculating and in line with GPII's deal, who he is better than, and a good value for the team going forward given his skillset and local roots.
    They 100% must make a clean break from Bridges ASAP. Their hands are tied due to weird salary cap rules it sounds like they can’t really do anything with him until July 14 to maintain the ability to use their MLE after that.

    Bridges belongs no where near this team going forward, there is no compromise that can be made anymore. Move forward with lamelo and the young guys and hope for the best with whatever you can do this year.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •