• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

Solve that by just moving the line back 3 feet across the board. I'd be down for that.

That will just empower the deepest shooters and open up more space. And within a few years, more players will be raining shots from 27 feet.

That will just empower the deepest shooters and open up more space. And within a few years, more players will be raining shots from 27 feet.

there's only 1-2 guys in the league where 27 footers make sense (Steph and Dame) Make the shot long enough and it will solve the issue

does eliminating corner threes really make this year's playoffs more exciting? i'm not seeing it.

i could get behind something like a shorter season that would hopefully result in less injuries which would hopefully result in less series being influenced by who could stay healthier longer

i think getting rid of the corner three would backfire since it would probably end up crowding the paint and making step back threes more valuable. and really corner threes aren’t a big problem since they are usually the result of “interesting” offense. getting rid of them with a deeper three point line could be interesting, but i think it would probably just result in more 1-1 since it spreads out the court even more.

Thus getting rid of them with a slightly deeper 3-point line.

Thus getting rid of them with a slightly deeper 3-point line.

i think it’s pretty plausible that in a few years players would adapt to the new line and it would exacerbate the current issue

the solution is one that will never happen because it would fuck with the record books too badly and be too much of a change but 3 pointers should be worth 4 and two pointers should be worth 3.

i think it’s pretty plausible that in a few years players would adapt to the new line and it would exacerbate the current issue

Which is what I posted above in response to a 27 foot line. That's why I would only move it back a few inches and eliminate corner threes.

Athletes are bigger and faster. I could be down with widening the court so the corner threes are no longer short.

I am a little bit interested in the potential LeBron vs Steph resume debate if the Warriors win this year and Curry picks up FMVP

I am a little bit interested in the potential LeBron vs Steph resume debate if the Warriors win this year and Curry picks up FMVP

Steph is too annoying to be considered for that debate. If he'd just drop the douche routine he'd have a case.

I am a little bit interested in the potential LeBron vs Steph resume debate if the Warriors win this year and Curry picks up WCFMVP

???

after forcing my wife to watch basketball for 6 weeks straight, she just within the last week (maybe when forced during quarantine) decided to become a fan. I had to pause the game for 30 minutes while she made dinner.

She's pooping and watching lebron james highlights on youtube now as I type this, after spending the past 3 hours asking me a bajillion questions during the game. "Steph goes back on defense after Klay shoots and doesn't even try to get the offensive rebound" "What position is #5" "The Center doesn't even try to shoot" "How do I tell who the center is" "Dinwiddie's beard makes him look ugly" "Klay looks like a bust of a greek statue" "How old is Luka" "How old is Draymond" "Green looks super confident"

What have I done?

Did you explain positionless basketball?

Does she know the entire world now knows she poops? Seems important.

Im pretty sure Luka looked drunk last night

Steph might hold claim to be best shooter of all time, and from a basketball perspective I love that he moves so well without the ball. But I agree with Palma that his schtick is hard to watch (and has been for years).

GS' organizational run is impressive. Probably best since Spurs. It helped that their injuries mid run got them some super high draft picks, but they also have drafted well across the board and have hit home runs on almost every FA and trade decision they have made.

Back