• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

Yeah , I’ve got a chance if the Grizz do something with leading scorer Desmond Bane and the Bucks making the finals, that’s about it

secret’s out on cp, guard him full court and he’ll wear down as the series goes along. also think his hand is acting up again. suns stunk but mavs deserve credit.

Hard to believe the Suns and Warriors got blown out with a chance to win the series in the road.

this is an easy fix, not a real issue

Im curious what you mean by this…

If it was one or two games sure, but Mavs have now done it for a four game stretch. CP3 looks tired and old. I wouldn’t be surprised if he shows up Game 7, but at this point I wouldn’t be surprised if he put out another clunker

is jason kidd a good coach??

I don’t know. I was really dubious about the hire. But man what he has done with them defensively.

I will say Kidd has an amazing staff. They do a fantastic job on both sides of the ball. Kidd also seemed to have learned from last two jobs about what it means for players to like him. This group seems to rally around him

Scott "The Extender" Foster is working the Celts/Bucks tonight.

Im curious what you mean by this…

If it was one or two games sure, but Mavs have now done it for a four game stretch. CP3 looks tired and old. I wouldn’t be surprised if he shows up Game 7, but at this point I wouldn’t be surprised if he put out another clunker

i agree with fyc, chris doesn't even bring up the ball most of the time, and he rarely aggressive until the 2nd half, usually the fourth quarter.

the mavs strategy that seems to be working is:

1/ no drop coverage on pnr (dwight powell is barely playing), switch everything which is effective bc kleber is a great defensive player
2/ aggressively play for deflections which throws off the timing of the finesse suns offense
3/ goad booker into playing hero ball

Sorry my post was less about how Mavs are doing it and more about the fact that over the last 4 games Paul has more TOs than FG attempted. He looks tired. Its sloppy. He looks passive.

I dont know how that is "an easy fix"

Quite a few factors working in the Suns' favor in Game 7:

- Suns have won the previous three home games in this series by an average of 19ppg
- NBA gives the teams an extra day for the final game as Game 7 is set for Sunday
- Mavs have won a game in PHX since November 019

Never a good idea for the favorite to let a series extend to a Game 7 because anything can happen in one game, and Luca is capable of winning a game by himself. That said, think the Suns roll.

Crazy stat of the day. James Harden is only 2.5 weeks older than Jimmy Butler.

gonna give myself more time to be bummed before collecting my thoughts on the season and playoffs

at the moment i really just wish joel hadn't broken his face and hurt his hand, but he's a seriously tough dude, and continues to prove ben is the softest POS in the league

i didn't watch - but was the 2 shots harden took in the second half a result of him not getting the ball or him just passing up looks

either way it's a crazy stat

Crazy stat of the day. James Harden is only 2.5 weeks older than Jimmy Butler.

Yes, and in 2019 Philly traded Jimmy Butler to Miami in a 4 team sign and trade deal, through which Miami ended with Jimmy Butler, and Philly ended up with Josh Richardson. Yes, Josh Richardson.

Oh, and after Harden exercises his player option, Philly will will be on the hook to play Harden $10 million more ($47 million) than Butler will make next year ($37 million). That said Harden has been such a nutbag about his contract situation maybe he will opt-out: https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/james-harden-contract-76ers-stars-messy-postseason-raises-questions-about-potential-long-term-deal/

At this point, I don't understand why any team would want Harden on their team for any price. His career is falling off of a cliff. Even when Harden was among the most-talented players in the NBA, James Harden always found a way to disappoint Now, at best, he's a questionable supporting piece.

Back