• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

The Cavs have beaten the Hawks and Nugs. Hard to draw conclusions from anything so far, but it looks like their lack of major moves and Kevin Love's resurgence is paying off.

My Spurs are favored by 1 against the Lakers and I think only Lebron is out. Is Vegas really that down on the Lakers after a slow start?

Going to OT, so pretty good call by Vegas.

Basketball OT should only be 2 minutes. A 5 min OT just takes away the crunch time tension out of the game for at least 3 minutes and maybe for good if one team gets off to a good start.

Last edited:
He was fine. Didn’t even leave the court.

The Spurs are about what I expected but this much losing is still frustrating. They missed 7 FTs down the stretch and went to OT. Guys are making plays and playing well. Murray with 21/12/15/2/2. Poeltl with 27/14. Vassell and Walker with 19 and 21.

I had to put the kids to bed so I missed this. Not sure if this is why Keldon didn't play the 4th quarter.

Last edited:
He was fine. Didn’t even leave the court.

The Spurs are about what I expected but this much losing is still frustrating. They missed 7 FTs down the stretch and went to OT. Guys are making plays and playing well. Murray with 21/12/15/2/2. Poeltl with 27/14. Vassell and Walker with 19 and 21.

I had to put the kids to bed so I missed this. Not sure if this is why Keldon didn't play the 4th quarter.

It’s hard to slide Keldon up to the 3 when he isn’t a shooter. They basically play with 2 mid forwards who are neither 3 nor 4 men. At least McDermott can shoot, but he’s not good. Should be a backup.

AD was writhing on the baseline for enough time to tweet it, but he got up just fine with 32 sec left in regulation, played through the OT, and made plays. Wouldn't be shocked if he sat tomorrow vs. OKC just because.

I agree, Complacent. But I'd rather have Keldon on the floor at the 4 than Bates-Diop in crunch time like tonight. The most frustrating thing about this season is that it looks like the key rotation guys have all gotten somewhat better, but they're not good enough. Dejounte is more aggressive. White has improved his playmaking and shooting. Vassell is a legit scoring threat. Walker seems like a more consistent scorer with a higher ceiling than I thought he had. Keldon is fantastic going to the basket. And the defense is better all around. But none of them are THE GUY and a few are probably a third guy at best.

Also this team still only has one legit post player. Poeltl is a solid post scorer and he's passing now. I hoped that they'd give Luka a shot to be the PF, but they cut him. Then I figured between McDermott and Young, there would at least be solid PF play and shooting. At this point, any hope lies with Landale or a healthy Collins.

Dejounte is a legit starting PG in this league and a #3 guy. Keldon may be a grow into a #3 guy. Vassell could be too. Poeltl as well. But those four and even a likely #1 pick like Banchero isn't enough to build a contender. That's why I want Primo to get more run. He looked really good in the preseason and in what little garbage time he's gotten. But the rotation is so clogged at the guard spots from only drafting guards that he's behind a bunch of guys. Tre Jones looked great in summer league and should get a shot at backup PG, but he can't get on the floor.

The front office has to figure out if Primo is a guy who can grow into one of two best players on a contender. They've got to figure out if Vassell is a legit 3 and D starter or reliable backup. Somehow they've got to figure out how to turn nice good players into stars either by development or trades. I just hope what we're seeing now is just taking inventory before making moves and not a long term commitment to mediocre players.

Last edited:
Stupid ESPN clickbait then

he laid on the floor and yelled and screamed during the play and really hammed it up during the timeout break, etc. i like ADs game but the dude is super dramatic

he laid on the floor and yelled and screamed during the play and really hammed it up during the timeout break, etc. i like ADs game but the dude is super dramatic

he really is

and if you think about it - it's kind of super weird to keep up the unibrow thing as a grown ass man

AD is a goofy dude, it's really incongruent with him trying to be a badass when he's having a good game

Pelicans tonight have the emptiest arena I've seen so far this year

Lakers blow a 26 point lead to the thunder lol

Damn. I only saw they were up 12. Hilarious. But now I’m pissed the Spurs didn’t finish the job.

I'm convinced Ja Morant will be the best player in the NBA at some point in his career

I'm convinced Ja Morant will be the best player in the NBA at some point in his career

Certainly possible. But you could say that about at least a half dozen other young guys and for those it depends on how long guys on the older side like KD and Steph and entering their prime like Giannis can stay on top of their games.

Harrison Barnes just drilled a buzzer beater to beat the Suns at home.

Kings beat the Suns
T-Wolves beat the Bucks
Thunder beat the Lakers
Heat beat the Nets
Wizards beat the Celtics
Cavs are beating the Clippers

Hard to draw any conclusions from this season so far.

Last edited:
The Hornets are 4-1 despite not having Rozier or PJ Washington for any material minutes yet. This team is super deep and Miles Bridges, small sample size noted, should not only walk away with the MIP, but should be an All-Star lock and on the fringe of the MVP conversation. He has scored over 30 in 3 of the 5 games, gets 8 boards, shoots 50% from the field, 40% from 3, and 90% FT. He is also an #elite defender. He has become ambidextrous and is like a freight train driving to the basket. I think his numbers will dip some when Rozier and PJ lace up, but he has legit turned the star corner.

Lamelo's left handed pass from the lane, while driving, way out to a 3 point shooter last week for the assist was ridiculous.

Also, not sure what the Hawks are doing in the final 2 minutes. It's like, Collins, set the screen, but no way Trae is giving it up. It's Trae makes a shot or misses a shot. I guess that is "ball in hands of best player" but so predictable and no ball movement.

That nearly cost them against the Zion-less Pelicans (game was too close, should not be that close).

Certainly possible. But you could say that about at least a half dozen other young guys and for those it depends on how long guys on the older side like KD and Steph and entering their prime like Giannis can stay on top of their games.

Harrison Barnes just drilled a buzzer beater to beat the Suns at home.

Kings beat the Suns
T-Wolves beat the Bucks
Thunder beat the Lakers
Heat beat the Nets
Wizards beat the Celtics
Cavs are beating the Clippers

Hard to draw any conclusions from this season so far.

Harrison Barnes was such an annoying college player, but I really have come to like him in SAC.

the undefeated Chicago Bulls are signing Joakim Noah to a one-day contract and honoring him tonight with Thibs in town

my all-time favorite Bull

I'm glad he made Top 75. Others may have championships, but he deserved it. Get him some players.

Back