• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

Same here -- I'm all in on a Lakers meltdown, but I've always liked Russ and he's been getting shredded by the media all season.

That's where I am too. But I'm also mad the Lakers didn't trade for DeRozan because the Spurs would actually be pretty good with Kuzma, Montrezl, and the Lakers 2021 1st.

Give me Russ going back to OKC and leading them to the play-in and taking out the Lakers.

I'm kinda the opposite where I've always been a Bestbrook hater bc I think he probably the modern epitome of losing basketball (like Shareef Addur-Rahim and Antawn Jamison before him) and empty stats, so was excited to see how he'd ruin the Lakers, too. But sucks to try and fail in your hometown while being called out on it constantly.

It is a stretch to say Vogel needs to throw Westbrook under the bus to save his job?

Yeah I can appreciate the criticisms of Westbrook's game, especially in recent years as he's lost an edge. But I thought he was pretty fun to watch in the post-Durant OKC years. And he's always authentic, which I like.

Just feel like he's catching way more criticism than he deserves for the LA shit show. Everyone knew it wasn't gonna work smoothly and he's past his prime.

IMO it's AD who has proven he isn't capable of being the franchise player everyone makes him out to be

There’s plenty of blame to go around for the Lakeshow

I wouldn’t mind throwing some Rich Paul’s way, but I’m also biased

So are the Dubs better off without Klay???

Dubs losing to the Pacers who are playing without their top 6 guys tonight. Suns with a pretty comfortable lead on #1 overall seed for the playoffs.

I'm starting to get tired of the Andrew Wiggins All-Star push.

How so? I was only kind of paying attention down the stretch.

Yeah. Announcers talk about how much he's improved (true) and settled into his role (sure) and how he's a legit All-Star candidate (nope). He shows up in All-Star projections as well. Most importantly, he's 3rd in Western Conference frontcourt voting right now behind Lebron and Jokic.
https://www.nba.com/news/third-fan-returns-nba-all-star-voting-2022

Obviously All-Star voting is a joke, but it's hard to ignore 3rd even though injured PG and AD are right behind him and Carmelo is 7th.

Wiggins is averaging 18.5 pts, 4.2 reb, 2.0 ast on 49% fg and 42.3% 3pt. Nice numbers but not All-Star level.

Meanwhile Dejounte Murray is averaging 19.2 pts, 8.4 reb, 8.9 ast, 2.0 stls (leads league) on 45% fg and 32.6%. He should make it over Dame and Westbrook.

Last edited:
How so? I was only kind of paying attention down the stretch.

Carlisle resisting the urge to call the timeout on the 2nd to last possession of regulation cuz he realized that they will only go up 3, so you can draw up a game tying three vs. pray Steph misses the subsequent shot. Pacers defense was really good, too. Sure, the Dubs missed some shots, but the Pacers didn't let them get to the places they felt comfortable shooting from in the clutch.

Kerr telling his guys not to foul bc he knows that this Pacers team has no chemistry and zero experience in the clutch, into the jump ball, into a perfectly drawn play to Klay who bobbled it away.

I wasn't expecting to enjoy a Pacers-Warriors game so much, but here we are.

Yeah. Announcers talk about how much he's improved (true) and settled into his role (sure) and how he's a legit All-Star candidate (nope). He shows up in All-Star projections as well. Most importantly, he's 3rd in Western Conference frontcourt voting right now behind Lebron and Jokic.
https://www.nba.com/news/third-fan-returns-nba-all-star-voting-2022

Obviously All-Star voting is a joke, but it's hard to ignore 3rd even though injured PG and AD are right behind him and Carmelo is 7th.

Wiggins is averaging 18.5 pts, 4.2 reb, 2.0 ast on 49% fg and 42.3% 3pt. Nice numbers but not All-Star level.

Meanwhile Dejounte Murray is averaging 19.2 pts, 8.4 reb, 8.9 ast, 2.0 stls (leads league) on 45% fg and 32.6%. He should make it over Dame and Westbrook.

Yeah, holy shit just saw it on inside the NBA, he's got more votes than Doncic?

Back