• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

Fucking Millennials would have hid under the covers watching 80’s NBA.

Gave the hard foul with the left hand, went after the ball with the right hand, making sure Caruso didn’t score. He’ll think twice about going to the hole next time. Because, like Billy Donovan said, he’s putting his career at risk trying to fast break when Allen’s on the court.

Also just to be perfectly clear the nba sucked ass in the 80s

Guess the Suns can trade Ayton cause Bismack Biyombo is set to be first team all NBA

Biyombo with 21pt, 13 rebs, 5 ast, 2 BLK

RJ used to mock me when I would refer to Clint Capella as Biyombo 2.0. Give either of them minutes with a top tier PG and they'll stuff the stat sheet.

And yeah that Grayson Allen play was dirty by today's NBA standards, but that used to be every layup attempt in the 80s.

RJ used to mock me when I would refer to Clint Capella as Biyombo 2.0. Give either of them minutes with a top tier PG and they'll stuff the stat sheet.

Clint Capela has averaged at least 10 rebounds per game (14.3 last season) each of his last five seasons. Biyombo has not ever done that, and his career high is 8.0 rebounds per game.

But yeah sure, a ton of Clint’s points are assisted by Trae, so I guess that somehow makes him the same as Biyombo.

I cant believe anyone is defending Grayson Allen. That dude is a steaming pile of horse shit and doesnt deserve to play in the NBA

First, you can't untangle his history from that foul. Second, as someone else pointed out, Caruso had no way to brace his fall because of the way Allen swung at his arms (twice).

On an unrelated note, I am starting to feel the Mavs D is legit. I dont know if Kidd is a defensive wizard, Carlisle doesnt care about D, or some combo, but they have the Top D in the league since Christmas and are now at 4 on the season.

Before the Grizz went off a bit in the second half as Mavs opened bench and cruised with a large lead, the Mavs had held them to 64 points over their previous 4 Quarters of play.

I still dont know if this team is good enough to make a run in the playoffs (because in an ironic turn they cant score consistently, but its fun to actually watch them play D

this is not true lol

there were more hard fouls, but just no

It is true and that’s why they had fights and people got their asses punched. It didn’t happen every night, but it happened a lot.

And more importantly, tons of players in today’s NBA would have just stood there and watched Caruso go straight to the hole unchallenged, without giving a hard foul and preventing the easy basket. Regardless of the debatable severity of the Grayson Allen foul, that wouldn’t have happened in the non-Millennial pussy NBA of the 80’s and 90’s.

Hopefully, Allen gets a shot at Durant and Harden. Harden especially as he deserves six months in traction for all the pussy ass bitch shit he has pulled to draw “fouls” over the past decade. Can you imagine that pussy getting up off the deck to challenge Rick Mahorn after he got decked ? No, of course you couldn’t, because he’d pull up from 40 feet before even thought about entering the lane.

I cant believe anyone is defending Grayson Allen. That dude is a steaming pile of horse shit and doesnt deserve to play in the NBA

First, you can't untangle his history from that foul. Second, as someone else pointed out, Caruso had no way to brace his fall because of the way Allen swung at his arms (twice).

Caruso wasn’t ready for a hard foul and he got one.

It is true and that’s why they had fights and people got their asses punched. It didn’t happen every night, but it happened a lot.

And more importantly, tons of players in today’s NBA would have just stood there and watched Caruso go straight to the hole unchallenged, without giving a hard foul and preventing the easy basket. Regardless of the debatable severity of the Grayson Allen foul, that wouldn’t have happened in the non-Millennial pussy NBA of the 80’s and 90’s.

Hopefully, Allen gets a shot at Durant and Harden. Harden especially as he deserves six months in traction for all the pussy ass bitch shit he has pulled to draw “fouls” over the past decade. Can you imagine that pussy getting up off the deck to challenge Rick Mahorn after he got decked ? No, of course you couldn’t, because he’d pull up from 40 feet before even thought about entering the lane.

Y'all act like every classic "tough" 80s game isn't pretty easy to watch. There are fights and people get their asses punched in this NBA, too. There's just less eyes on the same screen because it's easier to watch your team every night. Also, the talent glut in the NBA right now means that there's less of a market for goons and more of a market for guys who can play basketball.

I get that as you get older, it becomes more and more important to convince the younger generations that they're soft and shit, but it's silly (especially cuz i've watched a few of y'all change your tunes over the last 10 years as you've crossed that threshold). I find myself doing it sometimes, too, but it's silly.

harden catching strays despite being one of the best offensive basketball players in the history of the game

sorry but i don't really pine to watch unskilled goons beat the crap out people

Talent glut ? If you mean NBA teams are sifting through and babysitting would-be college sophomores who wash out in 24 months I guess that makes sense.

Is Allen some talentless goon ?

Back