• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

Talent glut ? If you mean NBA teams are sifting through and babysitting would-be college sophomores who wash out in 24 months I guess that makes sense.

Is Allen some talentless goon ?

You have the goon part right.

Just go watch the nfl or mlb biff. Seems more like your speed.

saw a tweet that referred to Kevin Love as a first-ballot HOFer and basketball reference has him at 73.5% chance to make the HOF but I don’t know man

I see you Hornets, most 2nd half points by a team in 30 years tonight!

Here's my NBA All-Star roster predictions, not who I choose but predictions. The starters are based on the Jan 20 fan vote.

East

G Trae Young
G DeMar DeRozan
F Giannis Antetokounmpo
F Kevin Durant (injured)
C Joel Embiid

G Fred VanVleet
G Darius Garland
G James Harden
G Zach LaVine
G LaMelo Ball
F Jayson Tatum
F Kris Middleton
F Jimmy Butler

Snubs: Beal, Siakim, Bridges, Sabonis, Allen

West

G Stephen Curry
G Ja Morant
F Lebron James
F Andrew Wiggins (3rd in WC frontcourt voting)
C Nicola Jokic

G Luka Doncic
G Chris Paul
G Donovan Mitchell
G Devin Booker
F Anthony Davis
F Draymond Green
F Paul George
C Rudy Gobert

Snubs: Dejounte Murray, SGA, Ingram, KAT, Ayton

I see you Hornets, most 2nd half points by a team in 30 years tonight!

That was nuts. Records broken all over the place for a non-OT game. Most points in franchise history (158), most points given up by the Pacers in their franchise history (158), most points by an NBA team this season (158), most points in franchise history off the bench (Oubre - 39), most 3s by a player in franchise history and by an NBA player this season (Oubre - 10). LaMelo with yet another triple double with 29-10-13. It was a one point game at halftime and the Hornets won by 32.

Atlanta Hawks Asking Price for John Collins Revealed

John Collins trade rumors are swirling again.

https://www.si.com/nba/hawks/news/atlanta-hawks-asking-price-for-john-collins-revealed

According to Fischer, one team contacted by Atlanta regarding Collins told Bleacher Report the Hawks were only seeking a valuable first-round pick and a starting-caliber player in exchange for the talented young forward.

Additionally, Jerami Grant has been frequently mentioned as a primary trade target for the Hawks this deadline, and Atlanta placed a call to San Antonio about Derrick White.

The Hawks could use Derrick White. He'd be a good fit as a defensive minded guard. But giving up JC for him would be ridiculous.

The Spurs should make that trade all day. Derrick White just doesn't seem like he's part of the future of the franchise with Vassell coming along and Primo waiting in the wings.

And then there's this:

Collins for Derrick White plus a 1st rounder that would likely be in the mid-lottery seems like a pretty solid trade. IIRC, the advanced metrics like White and seems like he'd be a nice complementary player for the Hawks.

JC with the current Hawks lineup with Trae as the offensive engine and Capelo/Okongwu as the defensive anchor is going to be about where he is now, an efficient rim-runner who can play good defense and make shots out of the PNR. The question for the Spurs is how JC would fare as a #1 offensive option on a team with a defensive anchor in the post and an elite defensive PG. JC could be a 20/10 and 55/40/80 guy in the right situation. He was two years ago before they added Capela and Trae became a top player in the league.

Thaddeus Young is going somewhere. Any tread on those tires? With Derrick White for _______?

Hawks are really blowing a good opportunity.

What I've seen is Derrick White, Thad Young, and the 2022 1st to the Hawks for JC, Delon Wright, and some Hawks 1st (probably one of their heavily protected picks).

Derrick White needs to go somewhere for a player or picks though. Start Vassell and bring up Primo.

g7r9mxxm3ce81.jpg

Back