• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

Impressive that both of the Bulls starting guards were voted top 3.

Oh wait.

g7r9mxxm3ce81.jpg

Fucking Kyrie.

The Western Conference forwards were kind of weak this year with Kawhi and PG on the shelf, but that doesn't justify Wiggins getting in with decent stats as the 3rd, now 4th best player on his team. The Wiggins push started before fan voting though. Someone needs to figure it out. I don't know why dude is getting this kind of love.

Here's a little comp. Here are five WC players. One is Wiggins. The others are 3 forwards and one guard who have no chance at getting anywhere close to the All-Star game.

Player A: 17.8 ppg, 4.4 reb, 2.4 ast, 42% 3PT
Player B: 18.1 ppg, 4.2 reb, 2.0 ast, 40% 3PT
Player C: 15.0 ppg, 6.1 reb, 1.7 ast, 44% 3PT
Player D: 16.5 ppg, 6.0 reb, 2.4 ast, 41% 3PT
Player E: 17.9 ppg, 4.2 reb, 1.7 ast, 39% 3PT

Do any of these clearly deserve to make the All-Star game over the others?

So it was K-Pop fans. That’s smart as hell.

“Once All-Star voting began, the Warriors named South Korean boy band member BamBam a ‘global ambassador.’ BamBam has 15 million Instagram followers and almost 10 million Twitter followers. The day he announced his agreement, BamBam tweeted an All-Star vote for Andrew Wiggins.

The NBA counts all retweets towards the vote, too. This one tweet gained Wiggins about 39K All-Star votes, which SF Gate reported as the second most popular vote tweet only behind BamBam’s support of Steph Curry.”

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2022/1...ins-all-star-starter-k-pop-fan-vote-explained

The fan voting is just stupid. Bridges is #4 in the frontcourt East as determined by the players, who obviously know the best. But NBA fans suck the dicks of Boston and Miami so he is 9th in the fan vote. Who the fuck wants to see Jimmy Butler bricking 3s in an All-Star game?

i don't know if it's a smart move because the #discourse seems to be clowning Wiggins pretty hard for this

The media and player votes are way too high as well. He got more media votes than several good bigs. I’d like to see them get rid of positions or go to a PG, two wings, two bigs.

Please look at the players I posted before. Where is a gap between the All-Star and nobodies?

wiggins didn't deserve the spot, but the pickings for the west frontcourt are a lot slimmer than most years, especially with some dudes getting injured. i would have liked to see anthony edwards, but wiggins over draymond or pg isn't crazy since they are hurt. and then if the other options are dudes like porzingis and gobert, seems less crazy. the west is kinda garbage this year.

although bigger issue is the whole frontcourt definition like ph alluded to. interesting that if you did one pg and two wings, then you'd probably end up picking between ja and curry though, which would be a bummer.

even within the position criteria used, why is Derozan a backcourt player and Wiggins a frontcourt player?

just get rid of positions altogether -- it's the all star game, we'll be okay if one team has four guards or something

Last edited:
DeRozan hasn’t played guard since he left the Raptors.

even within the position criteria used, why is Derozan a backcourt player and Wiggins a frontcourt player?

just get rid of positions altogether -- it's the all star game, we'll be okay if one team has four guards or something

More than ok. In fact I’d rather see the game at least start with four guards and one big man vs the opposite on the other side.

Also, it is crazy to think that LaMelo Ball, who will likely make the NBA All-Star game, is more than 2 years younger than Alondes Williams.

wiggins didn't deserve the spot, but the pickings for the west frontcourt are a lot slimmer than most years, especially with some dudes getting injured. i would have liked to see anthony edwards, but wiggins over draymond or pg isn't crazy since they are hurt. and then if the other options are dudes like porzingis and gobert, seems less crazy. the west is kinda garbage this year.

although bigger issue is the whole frontcourt definition like ph alluded to. interesting that if you did one pg and two wings, then you'd probably end up picking between ja and curry though, which would be a bummer.

it just feels like Booker or Gobert were a lot more deserving... but, hey, Wiggins had his best game of the season after the news, so maybe this is some social engineering or something by the NBA

Gobert, Ayton, KAT, Nurkić, and Poeltl all are Cs arguably more deserving than Wiggins.

The fan voting is just stupid. Bridges is #4 in the frontcourt East as determined by the players, who obviously know the best. But NBA fans suck the dicks of Boston and Miami so he is 9th in the fan vote. Who the fuck wants to see Jimmy Butler bricking 3s in an All-Star game?

Who watches All-Star games?

The NBA All-Star game is pretty fun, at least it can be. You can't completely write it off like the Pro Bowl and it has a higher ceiling than MLB.

Back