• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

It's crazy how many guys 3PT % has totally shit the bed. Is there anything to the changed ball thing? I mean maybe Beal and Harden are just older but Harden's been at 36% the past 13 years, now he's 33%

Meanwhile PJ Tucker leads the league in 3pt% at 46.8% after going 33.6% last year. 1.5 makes a game.

Keldon Johnson is second at 44.1% after going 33.1% last year. 1.9 makes a game.

https://www.nba.com/news/2022-all-star-reserves-announced

[h=3]East Pool: Starters[/h] Kevin Durant (Brooklyn Nets) [captain]
Giannis Antetokounmpo (Milwaukee Bucks)
Joel Embiid (Philadelphia 76ers)
Trae Young (Atlanta Hawks)
DeMar DeRozan (Chicago Bulls)
[h=3]East Pool: Reserves[/h] Jimmy Butler (Miami Heat)
Darius Garland (Cleveland Cavaliers)
James Harden (Brooklyn Nets)
Zach LaVine (Chicago Bulls)
Khris Middleton (Milwaukee Bucks)
Jayson Tatum (Boston Celtics)
Fred VanVleet (Toronto Raptors)

[h=3]West Pool: Starters[/h] LeBron James (Los Angeles Lakers) [captain]
Nikola Jokic (Denver Nuggets)
Andrew Wiggins (Golden State Warriors)
Stephen Curry (Golden State Warriors)
Ja Morant (Memphis Grizzlies)
[h=3]West Pool: Reserves[/h] Devin Booker (Phoenix Suns)
Luka Doncic (Dallas Mavericks)
Rudy Gobert (Utah Jazz)
Draymond Green (Golden State Warriors)
Donovan Mitchell (Utah Jazz)
Chris Paul (Phoenix Suns)
Karl-Anthony Towns (Minnesota Timberwolves)

Aside from adding 8 reserves instead of 7, I did pretty well with my picks. I got all the East correct and incorrectly assumed AD and PG would get in over KAT despite their long absences. Surprised LaMelo didn't get in and disappointed Dejounte didn't get in but it's hard to argue with the list.

Here's my NBA All-Star roster predictions, not who I choose but predictions. The starters are based on the Jan 20 fan vote.

East

G Trae Young
G DeMar DeRozan
F Giannis Antetokounmpo
F Kevin Durant (injured)
C Joel Embiid

G Fred VanVleet
G Darius Garland
G James Harden
G Zach LaVine
G LaMelo Ball
F Jayson Tatum
F Kris Middleton
F Jimmy Butler

Snubs: Beal, Siakim, Bridges, Sabonis, Allen

West

G Stephen Curry
G Ja Morant
F Lebron James
F Andrew Wiggins (3rd in WC frontcourt voting)
C Nicola Jokic

G Luka Doncic
G Chris Paul
G Donovan Mitchell
G Devin Booker
F Anthony Davis
F Draymond Green
F Paul George
C Rudy Gobert

Snubs: Dejounte Murray, SGA, Ingram, KAT, Ayton

He couldn't shoot but he definitely did shoot. 57 fga, 10 3pa.

How do you all think a healthy Lakers, Clippers, and Nuggets teams would fare against the Suns and Warriors in the first round? I think they'd fare well against the Suns, but I don't like their chances against the Warriors.

How do you all think a healthy Lakers, Clippers, and Nuggets teams would fare against the Suns and Warriors in the first round? I think they'd fare well against the Suns, but I don't like their chances against the Warriors.

Its almost hard at this point to project a healthy Kawhi and Jamal Murray, but sure if Denver gets MPJ and Murray back and the clips have PG/Kawhi, they will be good. But at this point the Suns have the advantage due to having like 2 years of continutiy that no one else in the West has. They know how to play together. Lakers were up 2-1 on the Suns before AD went down last year.

I can somewhat understand Garland because the game is in Cleveland, but VanVleet? Jimmy Butler? Khris fucking Middleton? LaMelo has better numbers than Middleton in points, rebounds, assists, steals, and block. Plus, it is a fucking all-star game, who would you rather watch in that setting, LaMelo or Middleton's boring ass? Hosed by the NBA rigged system again. Hopefully LaMelo and Bridges shit all over Garland, Butler, and VanVleet the next 3 home games.

Apparently Garland is pussying out of tonight's game against LaMelo because of a Coach K-esque "back problem". Bitch.

I can somewhat understand Garland because the game is in Cleveland, but VanVleet? Jimmy Butler? Khris fucking Middleton? LaMelo has better numbers than Middleton in points, rebounds, assists, steals, and block. Plus, it is a fucking all-star game, who would you rather watch in that setting, LaMelo or Middleton's boring ass? Hosed by the NBA rigged system again. Hopefully LaMelo and Bridges shit all over Garland, Butler, and VanVleet the next 3 home games.

Garland is averaging 20/3/8 with better percentages than LaMelo and for a team that is better than the Hornets in most metrics. If you watch more than one NBA team, then it shouldn't be hard to acknowledge that he's had an All-Star caliber season this year.

Relatedly, Jimmy Butler has been fantastic this year. What are you smoking?

I have no thoughts on Middleton (I'm sure Shoo will make a caustic case for Middleton) and VanVleet. The only guy I wouldn't take on that list over LaMelo is probably VanVleet, but that's mainly because the Raptors are awful and the Hornets aren't.

lol Ka$h is shooting better than LaMelo in every category too lol

lol I wonder why

Congrats to Middleton on his championship trophy, which is a team award for which he can slurp Giannis. This, however, is an All-Star game for individual players where it really doesn't matter who your teammates are or why they are hogging the ball.

Garland is averaging 20/3/8 with better percentages than LaMelo and for a team that is better than the Hornets in most metrics. If you watch more than one NBA team, then it shouldn't be hard to acknowledge that he's had an All-Star caliber season this year.

Relatedly, Jimmy Butler has been fantastic this year. What are you smoking?

I have no thoughts on Middleton (I'm sure Shoo will make a caustic case for Middleton) and VanVleet. The only guy I wouldn't take on that list over LaMelo is probably VanVleet, but that's mainly because the Raptors are awful and the Hornets aren't.

i think it's bc middleton is a froncourt player? not sure though. even in that case, i think jarrett allen would have been better

the raptors and hornets have the same record, the raptors are actually slightly above them in the standings. vanvleet has been monte, he's 3rd in the NBA in RAPTOR war. would have loved for lamelo to make the team though. is there a replacement pick for KD's injury?

lol Ka$h is shooting better than LaMelo in every category too lol

Ha. Tra$h is shooting 1.5% better overall and 2.5% better from 3. For a supposed shooter as compared to a supposed non-shooter who dominates him in every raw stat category. Get that bum out of the game.

i think it's bc middleton is a froncourt player? not sure though. even in that case, i think jarrett allen would have been better

the raptors and hornets have the same record, the raptors are actually slightly above them in the standings. vanvleet has been monte, he's 3rd in the NBA in RAPTOR war. would have loved for lamelo to make the team though. is there a replacement pick for KD's injury?

LaMelo and Middleton are the same height, and LaMelo dominates him in rebounding and blocks. It isn't LaMelo's fault that Middleton can't dribble.

i agree with you about Allen and you've swayed me on FVV

sorry, 2+2

Back