• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - UNC v. Kansas for the Natty

Overtime is just giving them more opportunities to lay bricks

What the hell is going on with UVA?

They sucked last year and are mostly sucky this year. Tony had 4 years of poor recruiting. His best 2 players are the ECU and Indiana transfers. But he has a good class next year, so it'll get better again.

But what a great win for Byington and JMU. They just opened a new arena, and last year in his 1st season, Byington took them from a terrible record to a share of the Colonial title. If he keeps this up, some bigger programs will start eying him. And for the record, because it is such crucial information, he is 45 years of age.

What the hell is going on with UVA?

If they didn't drop the game to Iowa, think their season looks OK. Navy and JMU are decent this year, but they should have won at least one of those.

Hoos outside shooting has been real bad and they aren't getting offensive rebounds. They also don't get to the FT line alot. Defense still seems to be good.

They sucked last year and are mostly sucky this year. Tony had 4 years of poor recruiting. His best 2 players are the ECU and Indiana transfers. But he has a good class next year, so it'll get better again.

But what a great win for Byington and JMU. They just opened a new arena, and last year in his 1st season, Byington took them from a terrible record to a share of the Colonial title. If he keeps this up, some bigger programs will start eying him. And for the record, because it is such crucial information, he is 45 years of age.

Too bad the CAA leadership is full of sour grapes and not letting them compete for a league championship this season....

And for the record, because it is such crucial information, he is 45 years of age.

So he has one foot in the grave then. Good luck building a program with that rotting shell of what was once a coach

Really hoped WF would get IU transfer Armaan Franklin. He went to UVA, and WF landed Alondes Williams. Williams has been the much better player.

After shooting 42% from 3 last year for Indiana, Franklin can't shoot for UVA (20% from 3). Franklin has killed UVA in each of their losses. He was 0 for 6 from behind the arc last night and UVA lost by 3. In UVA's 4 losses, Franklin is 1 for 21 (yes, 1 for 21) from deep.

Really hoped WF would get IU transfer Armaan Franklin. He went to UVA, and WF landed Alondes Williams. Williams has been the much better player.

After shooting 42% from 3 last year for Indiana, Franklin can't shoot for UVA (20% from 3). Franklin has killed UVA in each of their losses. He was 0 for 6 from behind the arc last night and UVA lost by 3. In UVA's 4 losses, Franklin is 1 for 21 (yes, 1 for 21) from deep.

He's shot better in some of the other games. He's a good player, and I expect him to shoot better. The problem is compounded by Beekman being terrified to shoot the rock. Clark is actually their best 3 point shooter, and he is a bit on the shy side as well.

I was going to post something very similar on Franklin, but I didn't want to screw with our karma.

Franklin will likely rain 3s on us when we play UVA.

It is crazy how little talent is on the UVA roster... I wonder how much of it is recruits not wanting to play Bennett's style of basketball?

KP has Wake's conference scheduled ranked the most difficult, and Virginia's ranked the least difficult in the ACC. Wish we were H&H against them this season, but maybe a good opportunity for a road win if they end up being worse than expected.

He's shot better in some of the other games. He's a good player, and I expect him to shoot better. The problem is compounded by Beekman being terrified to shoot the rock. Clark is actually their best 3 point shooter, and he is a bit on the shy side as well.

Franklin was streaky at IU but is definitely not shooting as well as he can and likely will as the season wears on.

I was going to post something very similar on Franklin, but I didn't want to screw with our karma.

Franklin will likely rain 3s on us when we play UVA.

It is crazy how little talent is on the UVA roster... I wonder how much of it is recruits not wanting to play Bennett's style of basketball?

UVA has Bennett's best recruiting class coming in (Class of 2022). Three top 60 players. UVA did beat 9-1 Providence, and Clark missed a three footer that would've beaten Iowa. Despite their struggles, still think they will finish in top 5 of the ACC. Bennett's teams get better as the season goes on. Beekman and Franklin are both better than they have played.

Marquette v. Kansas St a wild pace to start. Massoud having a rough season so far in Manhattan. The Wildcats unis are an amazing light purple tonight.

Marquette v. Kansas St a wild pace to start. Massoud having a rough season so far in Manhattan. The Wildcats unis are an amazing light purple tonight.

The announcers seem to enjoy yelling Massoud's name. Not a fan of the uni's.

Yeah, Massoud and MARK SMITH (remember him as an Illinois recruit years ago?) led KSU in scoring last night. Massound had a hot start and a poor 2nd half.

Weber is on the hot seat at KSU. Could be his last season there.

That’s one of Massoud’s good halves for the year. He’s due maybe two more.

A Wake transfer and Mark “Da God” Smith playing together for K-State is a weird mashup of what we talked about here four years ago.

Colgate, out of the Patriot League is a 3 point favorite at Pitt. Colgate has lost 3 of the last 4 falling against Harvard, Niagara and Northeastern. Again, Colgate is favored at Pitt. Embarrassing.

Back