• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - UNC v. Kansas for the Natty

UVA leading Pitt 29-25. Ugly basketball. Turnovers and missed shots galore.

Year 4 of the Penny Hardaway coaching tenure and he's telling you he has a bunch of young guys playing. So far he's got an NIT appearance and an NIT Championship. The team is currently 9-8 and 3-4 in the American Athletic Conference.

Year 4 of the Penny Hardaway coaching tenure and he's telling you he has a bunch of young guys playing. So far he's got an NIT appearance and an NIT Championship. The team is currently 9-8 and 3-4 in the American Athletic Conference.

alot of class dropping the f bomb several times. Dude has a short fuse or just can't handle the pressure.

While I understand the frustration, you can't recruit very talented 1-and-done type players and then complain about having a young team.

They have the #5 and #6 recruit as FR this year (along with 4 other talented recruits that will take time to develop)... All part of probably the #1 recruiting class for '21. You can't suck with that kind of talent.

I can't imagine he's going to last too long if this is already his level of frustration.

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - ACC Now A Low-End Power Conference

He’s becoming Lil Penny right in front of our eyes.

Going back to Louisville's meltdown, I have Malik Williams on my fantasy ACC basketball team and soon after they beat us, I saw Malik had a terrible game and was listed in the box score with 6 fouls?! Best I could figure out he had at least one Technical foul and maybe 2. He hasn't had a good game since and Louisville has been trash. If you remember, our game was Malik's first game after being out for Covid rules and was a big part of why we lost. Does anybody know what happened with him and Louisville?

While I understand the frustration, you can't recruit very talented 1-and-done type players and then complain about having a young team.

They have the #5 and #6 recruit as FR this year (along with 4 other talented recruits that will take time to develop)... All part of probably the #1 recruiting class for '21. You can't suck with that kind of talent.

I can't imagine he's going to last too long if this is already his level of frustration.

Maybe Duke this year will be the exception, but the teams built on uber-talented one and done players have all crashed and burned in the tourney in recent years. Duke and KY haven't been to a Final 4 in six seasons, and the teams that have won it all: Baylor, UVA, Villanova, North Carolina had talented players, but were experienced and their best players stayed for 3 or more years.

Maybe Duke this year will be the exception, but the teams built on uber-talented one and done players have all crashed and burned in the tourney in recent years. Duke and KY haven't been to a Final 4 in six seasons, and the teams that have won it all: Baylor, UVA, Villanova, North Carolina had talented players, but were experienced and their best players stayed for 3 or more years.

I have always said that K's ego made him go one and done to compete with Kentucky but plenty of examples of why he did not need to. K was quite successful before going this route. As a fan I want players to stay a few years and grow as a team (and hopefully get a diploma). Certainly with the recent transfer rules we get some one year players but that is not the same.

I have always said that K's ego made him go one and done to compete with Kentucky but plenty of examples of why he did not need to. K was quite successful before going this route. As a fan I want players to stay a few years and grow as a team (and hopefully get a diploma). Certainly with the recent transfer rules we get some one year players but that is not the same.

He made a calculated bet based on what looked like the future of CBB. The 2015 team was a lot of young talent. I’m retrospect, he didn’t really need to go that route but I can understand it. He thinks he is the best coach, so just wants access to the best talent every year. He has 9 months to figure it out each season.

If anything, it raised the floor each season, but the ceiling remained the same. They haven’t lost in the first round since 2012 (not counting COVID year when team was weaker).

Nothing but respect for Conor's work, but live tweeting Syracuse @ Duke? What am I missing here?

Back