• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - UNC v. Kansas for the Natty

I would give a month of my Social Security to see Colgate beat Wisconsin but it doesn’t look like it’s going to happen.

I think the Big Ten ended up 6-3, which is actually not too bad. I don't think any team goes past elite 8, at best, though.

Man, how bad is the ACC? Going 5-1 so far!

That's 4-1, and UNC, ND and Miami are about to get boat raced in next 2 days. Duke could also lose to MSU. I'd love to see K taken out by Izzo. MSU isn't that good, but they play solid D, something Duke hasn't done in the last 2 months. The best conference so far is the B-12, and they could get 1-2 teams in the final 4. My favorite game thus far has been Ky going down, even though it killed my bracket. Seeing Calipari lose is always worth it.

I hate Duke as much as anyone, but I don’t get the logic of rooting against ACC teams at this point.

I hate Duke as much as anyone, but I don’t get the logic of rooting against ACC teams at this point.

I'm not rooting against the others, but I do think they get boat raced by superior opponents unfortunately. And I was rooting for VT, but Cattoor came back to earth. As for Duke, I always root against Duke. I'd root for the Russian national team against Duke.

That's 4-1, and UNC, ND and Miami are about to get boat raced in next 2 days. Duke could also lose to MSU. I'd love to see K taken out by Izzo. MSU isn't that good, but they play solid D, something Duke hasn't done in the last 2 months. The best conference so far is the B-12, and they could get 1-2 teams in the final 4. My favorite game thus far has been Ky going down, even though it killed my bracket. Seeing Calipari lose is always worth it.

Depends on how you're counting. ND has won 2 games.

awakegirl has really bad sports takes

How do you figure? Because I don’t think it helps Wake, who didn’t get into the NCAA tournament in large part because of the perception that the ACC is weak, to actively root for the ACC to lose in the tournament? Wake relies on a strong ACC.

Fandom in the state of N.C. is very binary; one one one side is UNC and its large alumni base and even larger WalMart contingent, and on the other side is everybody else, with Wake consigned to an even smaller subset. So until we can start even remotely competing with those cheating, entitled, "Carolina Way" bastards over in Chapel Hill for recruits (i.e., "I grew up a Carolina fan" "it's been a dream of mine" etc.), I hope they never win another game in anything.

Never ever cheer for Duke or UNC. I do hope the other ACC teams win, even though ND and Miami don't belong in the ACC.

Depends on how you're counting. ND has won 2 games.

Yeah, I don't count the play in game. And I hope I'm wrong about the other ACC teams left. But I'm really concerned about ACC hoops going forward. Our 2 stalwarts, Duke and UNC, could be taking a step backwards (though I'm really not grieving about that possibility), and the next biggest brand in Louvul has been tarnished. The best coaches in the conference moving forward are Bennett and Young with guys like Boeheim, Larranaga and Hamilton likely soon retiring. With ACC football sucking as much as has, we could be relegated to something between a mid major and power 5, er 4, conference. Our motto may become "but we still have lacrosse and soccer".

Back