• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - UNC v. Kansas for the Natty

Yeah UVA fans getting a serving of humble pie this year.

The way the Bonnies were waving, it made it seem like they were being taunted by the crowd/students beforehand. Usually that wave is a response to that kind of thing. Anyone who watch this game see anything like that? Or are the Bonnies just cocky.

Not just this year but last year as well. But Tony has his best class since the Jerome/Guy/Hunter class coming in next year after 5 lean classes.

Not just this year but last year as well. But Tony has his best class since the Jerome/Guy/Hunter class coming in next year after 5 lean classes.

For such a good coach, and seemingly a decent human being to play for, why is his recruiting such shite?

I admire what he has done at UVA, and can't understand how the recruiting has been meh after years of many competitive teams. Assuming style of play is a big problem.

For such a good coach, and seemingly a decent human being to play for, why is his recruiting such shite?

I admire what he has done at UVA, and can't understand how the recruiting has been meh after years of many competitive teams. Assuming style of play is a big problem.

That's the $64K question around here. He recruited well his 1st several years getting a lot of 3 and 4*s. Then after that Hunter/Guy class, he got Diakite here locally from Blue Ridge, and he got a couple of ACC caliber keepers in Beekman and Shedrick. That's it in that 5 year period. But he has 4 4*s next year, so their level of play should go back up, especially if Gardner stays 1 more year.

That's the $64K question around here. He recruited well his 1st several years getting a lot of 3 and 4*s. Then after that Hunter/Guy class, he got Diakite here locally from Blue Ridge, and he got a couple of ACC caliber keepers in Beekman and Shedrick. That's it in that 5 year period. But he has 4 4*s next year, so their level of play should go back up, especially if Gardner stays 1 more year.

How are former UVA players doing in the NBA? That may be part of the answer. But also, Bennett strikes me as a guy that wasn't willing to do the things it may take to get top recruits in today's world (i.e. bag men stuff).

Yeah, Bennett with four 4-star guys is a dangerous team. I expect them to win the league again soon. They should be a top-3 team in the ACC for the next decade, he is in the driver's seat with an unknown Duke/UNC, fading Louisville/Miami/FSU/Cuse and just mostly crap behind that. WF and VT should be some of the tougher competition.

Watched the last few minutes and both OT's of UNCW/MTSU in the CBI( (i know; slow night), and as it seems late in every close game in college bb this year and particularly so in tournaments, there were multiple stoppages to determine possession, verify if it was a 3, and (most annoying) taking a couple of minutes to decide to put a few tenths of a second back on the clock. I know you've got to "get it right" in these circumstances, but it kills momentum both on the court and for the viewers. UNCW was out of time outs and behind several times; if not for official stoppages and time to regroup I don't think they win the game.

The last minute of the Belmont-Tennessee women’s game on Monday took around 30 minutes due to reviews. It took away momentum from Belmont’s comeback.

That official ball is ORANGE. Hard and Very bouncy as compared to the old school BROWN leather Larry Bird style basketball.

Noticed the Arkansas kid on the break had a hard time handling the super bouncy ball.

God Chet Holmgren is going to get abused in the NBA.

Watched the last few minutes and both OT's of UNCW/MTSU in the CBI( (i know; slow night), and as it seems late in every close game in college bb this year and particularly so in tournaments, there were multiple stoppages to determine possession, verify if it was a 3, and (most annoying) taking a couple of minutes to decide to put a few tenths of a second back on the clock. I know you've got to "get it right" in these circumstances, but it kills momentum both on the court and for the viewers. UNCW was out of time outs and behind several times; if not for official stoppages and time to regroup I don't think they win the game.

It is awful. Just get rid of it, doesn’t guarantee correct calls anyways. Adds intrigue, controversy and randomness back, which is missed in sports.

Zags look very underwhelming. Soft defense. They were much better last year with Suggs and Kispert.

Defense has to do a better job protecting their star big with 4 fouls.

Back