• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - UNC v. Kansas for the Natty

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - Tournament Time: NCAA, NIT, CBI amd TBC

One team’s utter agony at missing the perfect opportunity for eternal bragging rights is what you have to keep your focus on.

One team’s utter agony at missing the perfect opportunity for eternal bragging rights is what you have to keep your focus on.

Yep. Visit the UNC and Duke message boards and both sides are very nervous and anxious about the possibility of actually meeting in a Final Four game. And there's little doubt that the fanbase that loses will be devastated. If the matchup does happen I'd put my money on Duke, as I think the refs and revenge factor from UNC beating them in K's last home game will be to their advantage. At any rate, today it's go Peacocks!

That game in Cameron shapes everything. Imagine being Carolina and thinking you got the last laugh against Duke and K, never knowing you’d face them again. Either Carolina gets double their original thrill, which was massive, or they lose it all. It’s like the ultimate fanbase gamble.

Weird to think that today Carolina hates Saint Peters, but next weekend if Saint Peters is still alive, the Heels are the biggest Peacock fans ever.

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - Tournament Time: NCAA, NIT, CBI amd TBC

Turns out a roster full of top 10 recruits means you have plenty of good players. #breakingnews

Seriously. Also, Roach is a better recruit than anybody to rep Wake since Al-Farouq Aminu.

This game gives the TV folks their glorious, wildest dream. Either they get Duke vs one of the biggest Cinderella stories in quite a while, with many eyeballs on the underdog.
Or, light blue vs dark blue one more time for a shot at the national championship. It's a no lose situation.

If the Peacocks can win two more games, I will hang a Shaheen Holloway banner in the Joel

With Moore getting injured for Villanova, they can no longer beat Duke.

UNC and Kansas can beat Duke.

So, gross, but go UNC and go Kansas.

Duke has 5 first round picks in its 6 man rotation - shouldn't they get to the Final Four?

I spy with my little eye.... Somebody who .... Hasn't been a Wake fan for very long.

Since the mid-80s if you’re looking for a time stamp. I’m more in tune with the ups and downs than most around here.

But I laugh when I hear people act like we’re cursed or something like that. We’ve sucked at points and we’ve underachieved at points, but we’ve also been pretty damn good from time to time.

This tournament has been really fun, but if we end up with Duke-UNC-Villanova-Kansas in the Final 4, blah. Blue blood city. Nova is the only one of those I don't mind and actually kind of root for in spots. The Moore injury is brutal for Nova, though. Gosh, I'm really gonna have to root for UNC and Kansas to put a stop to K's insufferable run? Gross. Save us of all of this, Cocks and Canes.

Go canes! They beat us twice.... might as well run the NCAAT table.

Does that then make our miami losses quad 1 losses?? :dumb:

Hate this quad crap. :mad:

What, you don't think beating Furman and beating Duke should be equal accomplishments?

I don't know why some of you think going 1-4 against UNC-CH, Duke, and Miami proves Wake should have gotten in the NCAAT.

One would think that a top third ACC finish would have garnered a NCAAT bid if they're evaluating your conference season "body of work" as they say. :mad:

Back