• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - UNC v. Kansas for the Natty

Villanova, Kansas and Duke chose to continue to play in grand old, campus size appropriate venues a couple decades ago.

Despite considerable success in the '90s and huge growing demand for a 15K seat Spokane civic center, Gonzaga went with a 6K seat campus cracker box in 2003.

Those have all proven to be shrewd decisions.

Doesn't Nova play like half their games in an NBA arena? Phog Allen seats over 16K. I don't disagree with your point, yet this post was dumb.

Sucks that Villanova lost their second leader scorer in the final minute yesterday. They were looking strong.

One of the more sickening tournaments I can remember and have faded it accordingly.

This sucks!

End up winning 25 games with a top third ACC finish, the COY and POY only not to make the NCAAT and then to be subjected to the holes and dook in the Final 4. :sick:

Edit: Committee, :fu: for the worst postseason ever.

Last edited:
Doesn't Nova play like half their games in an NBA arena? Phog Allen seats over 16K. I don't disagree with your point, yet this post was dumb.

AFH seats closer to 15K, but is listed at 16,300 FWIW.

"...it's the worst that could happen..."

Edit for credit: Johnny Maestro and The Brooklyn Bridge, though maybe only known as The Brooklyn Bridge at time of release.

Last edited:
Villanova, Kansas and Duke chose to continue to play in grand old, campus size appropriate venues a couple decades ago.

Despite considerable success in the '90s and huge growing demand for a 15K seat Spokane civic center, Gonzaga went with a 6K seat campus cracker box in 2003.

Those have all proven to be shrewd decisions.

the important thing is that we not use one of the 15 already existing threads that drew has hijacked to argue about his white whale, but we need to derail this one as well.

My neighbor two houses down went to Methodist University and HPU. He has decorated the entirety of his front yard and door step in baby blue. He greeted me with another one of his annoying "Yeah, how 'bout them Heels!" this morning as I was leaving for work.

This is far too eerily reminiscent of my days of living in NC, and dealing with the Wal-Mart tarhole faithful. The biggest bunch of stans and worst fanbase on earth.

I will never, I repeat never, pull for this godawful bunch of morons. I don't like Dook or K either, but at the end of the day it is ABC all the way. My condolences to those of you still living in NC and have to put up with this crap x10.

My neighbor two houses down went to Methodist University and HPU. He has decorated the entirety of his front yard and door step in baby blue. He greeted me with another one of his annoying "Yeah, how 'bout them Heels!" this morning as I was leaving for work.

This is far too eerily reminiscent of my days of living in NC, and dealing with the Wal-Mart tarhole faithful. The biggest bunch of stans and worst fanbase on earth.

I will never, I repeat never, pull for this godawful bunch of morons. I don't like Dook or K either, but at the end of the day it is ABC all the way. My condolences to those of you still living in NC and have to put up with this crap x10.

I hear you, my brother. Those who are truly ABC, while not being Duke fans, can fully appreciate that the Devils have been more of a good buffer here in the "Tar Heel State" against the Hole die-hards than they've been a thorn in Wake's side.

I hear you, my brother. Those who are truly ABC, while not being Duke fans, can fully appreciate that the Devils have been more of a good buffer here in the "Tar Heel State" against the Hole die-hards than they've been a thorn in Wake's side.

Counterpoint: there is nothing good about Coach K and Duke basketball

What a rotten position we’re in.

To me all that matters is that neither wins the championship. Carolina fans don’t really trumpet that they made the final four several years ago like they would if Kris Jenkins missed that shot and they won it all. The ubiquitous bumper stickers brag about the “University of National Champions.” So each already has their final four this year, just don’t let them go any further with it.

Probably my main concern is that if Hubert Davis starts out with a championship, he’s going to gain tons of momentum, even more than he’s got. We need him to be the coach who can maybe get his teams to the final four but can’t win the big one. So I can’t believe I’m saying this but if one of them has to nab a championship, it would almost be better if Coach K goes out with one than if Hubert starts with one. Not to mention giving Scheyer that much more to live up to. But gag.

Better hope Kansas doesn't pull a typical Kansas. That's the only shot we have at this point.

One of the more sickening tournaments I can remember and have faded it accordingly.

This. When you have to consider rooting for UNC just so Duke won't have an easy trip to the title game, you know you're in a terrible situation. I was having dinner with friends, and we turned it off in the 2nd half and switched it back onto the USMNT at 7:00. So we now have to root for Kansas because they're the toughest contender for Duke, yuck. So Duke coasted and underwhelmed for 2.5 months of ACC play and then somehow flip a switch and turn it on to likely win the whole thing. I'm having a hard time watching any of this.

The UNC fanbase is much larger and has a much larger percentage of mouth breathing rednecks who live vicariously through the successes of the Tarholes - as much as I dread hearing forever from Duke fans about how their lord and savior Coach K went out on top with another championship, I think I would prefer that to the hordes of UNC fans that would emerge from the woodwork and crow as nauseum about how they beat coach K twice in his last month and won another championship with their sham of a college program... Ugh!

Back