• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - UNC v. Kansas for the Natty

Beyond discouraging that in a "wide open season where many teams can win" that four schools that regularly make the final 4 and all have recent NCAAT titles remain.

Add to that an 8 seed slithers through the bracket to make a Final 4 (the worst seed to ever win the NCAAT is an 8 seed Villanova in 1985), and its f-ing N. Carolina. Barf.

Pre-season rank for the four finalists:

Kansas: AP #3 KP #2
Villanova AP #4 KP #9
Duke AP #9 KP#10
UNC AP#19 KP#40

Why are we accusing UNC of being a "sham of a college program."

Wake Forest is running a Juco hoops circus in a parking lot tractor pull arena. We are long past the whole academic farce.

Of the five transfers last season, three had bachelor's degrees and two had two years of credits from four-year universities. Only one of the college grads and a few members of the coaching staff spent time at a JUCO.

Only one of the college grads and a few members of the coaching staff spent time at a JUCO.

and also, who gives a shit? (i know you know that but i feel like it's gotta be said at this point.)

Why are we accusing UNC of being a "sham of a college program."

Wake Forest is running a Juco hoops circus in a parking lot tractor pull arena. We are long past the whole academic farce.

i hate that you and I share anything in our history, even if just an alma mater, but this is a master troll job

Not sure where to post this, but Manny Bates entering the portal is kind of huge.

Not sure where to post this, but Manny Bates entering the portal is kind of huge.

NC State is not going to have anyone left on the roster at this point. Seabron may declare for the NBA draft, and while Hellums has a year of eligibility left, he will be in his 5th year after HS, and also may want to either transfer or just move on.

As much as I think God absolutely fucking hates Wake Forest basketball, I have to hand it to NC State that I think their last year has been the absolute pinnacle of astoundingly terrible postseason breaks. The baseball team gets DQ'd on the precipice of making the finals of the College World Series. The football team has its bowl canceled on the DAY OF THE GAME. The women's basketball team is forced to play a road game in the Elite 8. I mean...damn.

And throw the Duke-UNC angle on top of it, that hurts them even more than us given how NC-heavy their student body is.

Seems like they're mostly rooting for Duke, which I totally vibe with having grown up in NC

it was also their one shot to make the ACC CG ever, having beaten the long-reigning Atlantic champs

As I wrote elsewhere, I’m starting to think I would rather coach K get his last and fade into the sunset than Hubert get his first and take off like a rocket. Let’s hope he becomes the coach who “can’t win the big one.”

So I guess I’m hoping on Sunday and Monday to hear a bunch of Cryowhina. They would be in agony.

I hate that god is making me choose. I agree with no title for Davis but... I hate k so much more.

As much as I think God absolutely fucking hates Wake Forest basketball, I have to hand it to NC State that I think their last year has been the absolute pinnacle of astoundingly terrible postseason breaks. The baseball team gets DQ'd on the precipice of making the finals of the College World Series. The football team has its bowl canceled on the DAY OF THE GAME. The women's basketball team is forced to play a road game in the Elite 8. I mean...damn.

Good. I hate State more than UNC these days. And I hate UConn less than I used to, at least as long as Paige Bueckers is there.

it was also their one shot to make the ACC CG ever, having beaten the long-reigning Atlantic champs

yeah, they essentially lost to WF twice - one in Winston, and then again in Chestnut Hill after NCSU's miracle gave them hope

Back