• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - UNC v. Kansas for the Natty

Hubert will have the pre-season #1 team. Wasn’t long ago I was wondering if he would last a couple years. Now chance he plays in title game his first two years. Wouldn’t mind WF catching a break or two in my lifetime.

Duncan staying 4 years was the break of a lifetime. Getting the Point God for 2 years was the break of a lifetime. Getting the ACC POY and a 2nd teamer in the portal was the break of a lifetime. Wake doesn’t take advantage of breaks.

Duncan staying 4 years was the break of a lifetime. Getting the Point God for 2 years was the break of a lifetime. Getting the ACC POY and a 2nd teamer in the portal was the break of a lifetime. Wake doesn’t take advantage of breaks.

:tear:

Those basketball twins would have been internet successes even if they didn't play basketball.

Where have these Miami boosters been when their Athletic Department has been broke for years?

Lol we are going to lose our starting 5 from an NIT team and UNC is going to bring back their best players from a final 4 team. NIL is going quite well so far.

Yes, things are headed in the direction of destruction of my Wake hoops fandom.

Forbes gave me hope.

Speculated that the Cavinder Twins already make $3 million+ in endorsement deals: https://www.si.com/college/2021/07/01/hanna-haley-cavinder-twins-nil-deal-basketball-tiktok

FWIW, those girls are miles ahead of whatever NIL program that Miami has in place. They are the model of how college athletes can maximize their NIL potential. Once hoop is over, if they want to they could start a business in educating colleges and college athletes on how to cash in on NIL.

I think the "secret" to their ability to cash in on NIL is pretty obvious. Not sure how their path to NIL prosperity would translate to the shotputter on the track team, but maybe so.

I think the "secret" to their ability to cash in on NIL is pretty obvious. Not sure how their path to NIL prosperity would translate to the shotputter on the track team, but maybe so.

I haven’t seen their videos. What is this obvious secret?

Hubert will have the pre-season #1 team. Wasn’t long ago I was wondering if he would last a couple years. Now chance he plays in title game his first two years. Wouldn’t mind WF catching a break or two in my lifetime.

Still lots to shake out before 2022-23 rosters are set, but amazing the recency bias when it comes to UNC basketball. They were mediocre for the entire season, and I guess the 5 game run through a broken Marquette team, banged up Baylor, St. Peter's, and admittedly two impressive wins over UCLA (when Caleb Love went nuts) and Duke, makes UNC the dominant NCAABB team next year. Not so sure.

They lose a key piece in Brady Manek, He really opened up the middle for Bacot because at least one opposing big had to guard the perimeter. UNC had so many crappy performances last year. Think we will see a lot more those next year. I get UNC can be good, but that UNC team had flaws and Manek was huge for them in the tournament (remember how UNC collapsed against Baylor when Manek was out)., and while there were times when Caleb Love showed "I can take over the game" qualities. Overall his numbers at UNC are not great.

I understand the frustration that UNC is returning a bunch of players and WF may not (that does suck), but unless they add more, they are from a team that will just dominate from game 1 next year.

Still lots to shake out before 2022-23 rosters are set, but amazing the recency bias when it comes to UNC basketball. They were mediocre for the entire season, and I guess the 5 game run through a broken Marquette team, banged up Baylor, St. Peter's, and admittedly two impressive wins over UCLA (when Caleb Love went nuts) and Duke, makes UNC the dominant NCAABB team next year. Not so sure.

They lose a key piece in Brady Manek, He really opened up the middle for Bacot because at least one opposing big had to guard the perimeter. UNC had so many crappy performances last year. Think we will see a lot more those next year. I get UNC can be good, but that UNC team had flaws and Manek was huge for them in the tournament (remember how UNC collapsed against Baylor when Manek was out)., and while there were times when Caleb Love showed "I can take over the game" qualities. Overall his numbers at UNC are not great.

I understand the frustration that UNC is returning a bunch of players and WF may not (that does suck), but unless they add more, they are from a team that will just dominate from game 1 next year.

Whatever you have to tell yourself.

UNC should be good to really good next year, but they aren't going to return to the title game unless Love takes a massive step forward from an efficiency standpoint. You can't bank on an all-time 5 game heater to be reproduced.

That being said, Bacot should continue to dominate other 18-21 year olds physically, Love and Davis will get theirs just from having another year of physical and mental maturation and having "been there". But they will need to get a ton more production from other areas. Idk if Pilchard is a good CBB opinion guy or not (I think he is), but he's right that Manek did a job for UNC and Bacot specifically that not many college basketball players can do.

Bottom line, if Caleb Love progresses at all and they find any depth at all, they should do well in 22-23. They also have a coach that players really like playing for and that players respect, not a given these days. Bacot will probably be voted preseason ACC POY, they will be voted 1st or 2nd preseason ACC, and they may achieve that. Who knows, college basketball is weird nowadays. But I think they will comfortably be a top 4 seed in next year's NCAAT and then anything can happen.

Something obviously clicked with UNC down the stretch at the end of the season. Perhaps it was growing pains learning Hubert's new system or what, I don't know, but UNC was a top 3 team in the country metric-wise in the last 13 games of the season. It wasn't luck.

Losing Manek won't be easy, but they will still have that core group of players along with a couple of top 50/75 recruits. They may not win it all, but I doubt you will see "a lot" of mediocre games. I suspect Davis and Love will improve over the offseason and some of their younger players to also improve.

They are crazy hot

I haven't seen them either. But I think atldeac23 may be on to something.

To each his own obviously, but I don’t think they’re any hotter than the thousands probably millions of other hot women age 18-25 out there doing the same thing. They’re not as hot as I thought they’d be given all the success they’ve had. Most college athletes are attractive enough to stand out on social media by virtue of being very fit.

To each his own obviously, but I don’t think they’re any hotter than the thousands probably millions of other hot women age 18-25 out there doing the same thing. They’re not as hot as I thought they’d be given all the success they’ve had. Most college athletes are attractive enough to stand out on social media by virtue of being very fit.

In other words, not mousey enough or brunette enough for Ph.

Something obviously clicked with UNC down the stretch at the end of the season. Perhaps it was growing pains learning Hubert's new system or what, I don't know, but UNC was a top 3 team in the country metric-wise in the last 13 games of the season. It wasn't luck.

Losing Manek won't be easy, but they will still have that core group of players along with a couple of top 50/75 recruits. They may not win it all, but I doubt you will see "a lot" of mediocre games. I suspect Davis and Love will improve over the offseason and some of their younger players to also improve.

It was putting RJ Davis at the point and moving Love to SG. Love may be a scorer, but he's a terrible PG. Whoever pointed out how necessary Manek was to their success as an outside 4 is dead on. Davis realizing Manek's natural position and role on the team really helped. I think Ol' Roy may have kept Manek down low, crowding the paint, with Bacot.

Amazing how on this board Manek has gone from goofy white guy to now the main reason UNC will have trouble getting back to the Final Four.

Amazing how on this board Manek has gone from goofy white guy to now the main reason UNC will have trouble getting back to the Final Four.

If you can't appreciate how he spaced the floor and hit some really clutch shots, I'm not sure what to tell you.

Back