• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - UNC v. Kansas for the Natty

You essentially are arguing that athletes have no agency in NIL deals which is a very weird stance to take

You essentially are arguing that athletes have no agency in NIL deals which is a very weird stance to take

no, that is actually not what I am saying at all.

they have agency.

But if the Nijel Pack wants $800,000 plus a car, he's going to have to agree to stay in Miami (or be in Miami every Friday; see below) to keep the cash coming. And that is probably a smart contract for him to enter into.

And if Wong wants to make money from an NIL deal in Miami, he's going to have to stay in Miami to make the cash from that deal.

From an article about Ruiz:

He said this is not pay-for-play but pay-for-work, that each of the 111 UM players with executed or pending contracts must make significant time commitments to promote his companies. “They come here and we film just about every Friday,” Ruiz said. “School comes first, their obligation to team comes second but they’re required to come here and film.”

Bacot hanging out with the former owner of Roma (currently in the Celtics ownership group). Interesting.

Bacot hanging out with the former owner of Roma (currently in the Celtics ownership group). Interesting.

Bacot's an interesting character. He's in the undergraduate business school...and apparently signed on to act in the next round of "Outer Banks." (ask a teen, BTW)

No idea where to put this…

I have no idea if Horn is a good strength coach but when it comes to mugging for the camera after one of his players hit a 3 to cut a lead from 21 to 18...dude is ELITE

I have no idea if Horn is a good strength coach but when it comes to mugging for the camera after one of his players hit a 3 to cut a lead from 21 to 18...dude is ELITE

What else did the disaster era give him to celebrate?

no, that is actually not what I am saying at all.

they have agency.

But if the Nijel Pack wants $800,000 plus a car, he's going to have to agree to stay in Miami (or be in Miami every Friday; see below) to keep the cash coming. And that is probably a smart contract for him to enter into.

And if Wong wants to make money from an NIL deal in Miami, he's going to have to stay in Miami to make the cash from that deal.

From an article about Ruiz:

yeah, i think the key point that others might disagree with or are overlooking is that these NIL deals are not ROI positive for businesses, but rather vehicles for rich fans support their teams.

yeah, i think the key point that others might disagree with or are overlooking is that these NIL deals are not ROI positive for businesses, but rather vehicles for rich fans support their teams.

Always has been.

UNC making a big push to land 6-9 Baylor forward Matthew Mayer who entered both the NBA draft and the transfer portal. Like Brady Manek, the mulleted Mayer is deadly from 3, and would be about as close proximation to Manek as UNC could find (Mayer may be better).

Previously underplayed how good UNC would be in 2022-23, but if they land Mayer, that would change the thinking on the Heels for next season.

If one of y'all owns a horse farm, maybe you can get Jake to come back. Just saying.

If one of y'all owns a horse farm, maybe you can get Jake to come back. Just saying.

tumblr_n5qhq84NGi1qzcd69o3_250.gif

With the amounts attached to NIL deals you better believe some folks will be looking to monetize it. We’re talking $1 million deals now, not handing a kid’s mom $25,000 in a paper bag. You obviously can’t monetize illegal payments so of course it hasn’t happened in the past. Rich people didn’t get rich by giving their money away.

What "always has been" what? NIL deals are quite new.

Booster $$$ going to college athletics has been about rich people supporting their team, not the personal ROI of a building or coach buyout.

Back