• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - UNC v. Kansas for the Natty

So they’ve been an elite program without a smaller waterfront arena?

Last time I watched state in the four overtime game against Nebraska they looked like shit. One on One offense and no help defense. Kind of like we used to be with paint touch. Not sure Keatting is the answer for the pack, So glad we have Forbes

Did wolpfackpride blow up last night?

They get a slap on the wrist from the ncaa earlier in the day and dodged a postseason ban bullet. They're a double digit home favorite where they have a 29 game home non-con winning streak and they go out and lose by double digits allowing 52% fg.

I didn't even know that there was a state named wright?! :noidea:

Is Keatts in trouble? NC State has always had whacked basketball expectations because of the success they had in the 70s when Norm Sloan cheated, and Valvano's miracle run in the 80's. Keatts seemed like a good hire at the time, but he is now in year 5 running that program; so, every recruit is his. Their ratings over the last 4 years:

2019: #41
2020: #50
2021: #71
2022: #111

Declining program.

Yeah Bennett has really blown any momentum from that title run a few years back. Does he go out of his way to get guys that can’t shoot but play awesome defense?

Didn’t work last night as they were blown out at home vs Clemson

Yeah Bennett has really blown any momentum from that title run a few years back. Does he go out of his way to get guys that can’t shoot but play awesome defense?

Didn’t work last night as they were blown out at home vs Clemson

This isn't even 1 of his better defensive teams outside of Beekman and Shedrick. The other thing we didn't like last night was he went away from Beekman running the point after the 1st half and had Clark doing it in the 2nd half. Clark is inferior, and the offense tanked. And I haven't liked Tony's substitution patterns this year. He has too many periods of time with no one being able to score, and there is no reason whatsoever to play Stattman and Poindexter at all.

That said, I was impressed with Clemson last night. Their bigs, Tyson and Hall, are studs, and their reserve bigs aren't bad either. The way they played last night makes me think they should have a better record than they currently have, though I wasn't as impressed with their guard play with Beekman getting quite a few deflections. And fwiw, I sit in the home endzone, and I could hear Brownell loud and clear - dude is the loudest coach ever.

Is Keatts in trouble? NC State has always had whacked basketball expectations because of the success they had in the 70s when Norm Sloan cheated, and Valvano's miracle run in the 80's. Keatts seemed like a good hire at the time, but he is now in year 5 running that program; so, every recruit is his. Their ratings over the last 4 years:

2019: #41
2020: #50
2021: #71
2022: #111

Declining program.

Yes, he should be on the hot seat. He has some talent, too. The bit I've seen of State this season reminds me of the Mannequin teams in quality of play.

Didn't see the first half, but Duke looked like men amongst boys in the second half against VT. And they made some easy mistakes.

VT didn't seem to have the size or athleticism to keep up. We should be better in that department.

I'm still wondering if VT is that good. Though it was nice to see our margin of victory was higher @VT than Duke could do in their own house.

Didn't see the first half, but Duke looked like men amongst boys in the second half against VT. And they made some easy mistakes.

VT didn't seem to have the size or athleticism to keep up. We should be better in that department.

I'm still wondering if VT is that good. Though it was nice to see our margin of victory was higher @VT than Duke could do in their own house.

VT had the better of Duke first half but depth and physical nature turned things mid second.

College basketball is coming apart at the Covid seams.

Back