• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - UNC v. Kansas for the Natty

Concerned about the impact on college basketball as we head into conference play (OK maybe they were also thinking about airline crews and healthcare workers), CDC just recommended shortening the isolation period for asymptomatic people who test positive from 10 days to 5 days.

Gardner Webb Runnin' Bulldogs defeat the Georgia Bulldogs 77-60 at Stegeman. Tom Crean needs to go.

What an idiot.

“This one is one me,” Crean said on radio. “I’ve got to do a better job. I’ve got to do a better job of giving them better answers and our toughness and physicality is not where it needs to be right now. The No. 1 thing we needed to do was guard the dribble and not let it get to the middle. We let too much of that happen. We’ve just got to do a better job and I’ve got to do a better job coaching them.”

Gardner Webb Runnin' Bulldogs defeat the Georgia Bulldogs 77-60 at Stegeman. Tom Crean needs to go.

What an idiot.

Hey, that's a whole lot better than him going out there and saying "I've coached the kids on how to play against this team and they just aren't executing my gameplan," like a former particular Wake coach would have said.

I didn’t see it, but apparently Jahcobi Neath played in a mask tonight as Wisconsin pulled the upset at Purdue.

Damn. I know Canada is strict on COVID but that’s next level.

P&D this morning also discussing FT disparity with Wake DFL with the least attempted FT's.

Durham pointed out that Wake "jack's alot of threes and tough to get fouled out there beyond the three pt line."

Would like to see fewer three pt shots taken as well. Forbes has said that he does not discourage such shots taken.....maybe he should now.

I didn’t see it, but apparently Jahcobi Neath played in a mask tonight as Wisconsin pulled the upset at Purdue.

he played 2 minutes in his first game action since 12/15 (Wiscy had a two week Covid-19 break before playing a few days ago; Neath DNP that last game)

Last year, either Holy Cross or Boston University or both required masks for their team for all games. No one cared because it was Patriot League.

For the first few minutes and then they wore them as chin diapers.

I had a client come in my office last month doing that and I asked him “what are you protecting your chin from?” He looked at me sideways and I basically said “if you are going to wear a mask, wear it right.”

Randolph Childress is doing the color on the Pitt-Loserville broadcast

Last year, either Holy Cross or Boston University or both required masks for their team for all games. No one cared because it was Patriot League.

BU did. It was pretty comical to watch at times as literally nobody kept it above their chin. Reminds me of my sister, who happened to play soccer at Holy Cross. In high school she was told along with the rest of her team by the school that they had to wear head gear to protect against concussions. They would all begin the game wearing them and within 30 seconds there would be 11 of the skull caps thrown to the sideline where they'd stay for the rest of the game, never actually being used. More of a liability thing for the school I guess.

However, with the updated rules about ending isolation after five days but needing to be masked indoors for the next five, I saw several players in several games tonight wearing proper N-95 masks and keeping them over the nose and mouth throughout the game. Some company has to figure out how to make a mask that is easy to wear and keep secured without obstructing a player. If they can do it for broken noses and eye sockets, etc. they should be able to do it for a breathing barrier without much trouble. If that can help get players back on the floor without putting their teammates or opponents at risk that would be excellent.

Last edited:
P&D this morning also discussing FT disparity with Wake DFL with the least attempted FT's.

Durham pointed out that Wake "jack's alot of threes and tough to get fouled out there beyond the three pt line."

Would like to see fewer three pt shots taken as well. Forbes has said that he does not discourage such shots taken.....maybe he should now.

Durham's statement, " Wake jack's a lot of threes and tough to get fouled out there beyond the three pt line" explanation does not explain the disparity of free throws during Wake's first three conference games.
Wake only took 6 more threes than their opponents during these games.
Personally, I think the refs are more prone to give the calls to the home team. An example, would be the first half of Wake's game against Florida State.

Pitt beat BC at home to win their first game. Randolph Childress was on the call on ACCN.

BC-UNC has been rescheduled for Wed 1/26. There was some talk that BC-Wake could be scheduled for that slot.

Pitt beat BC at home to win their first game. Randolph Childress was on the call on ACCN.

BC-UNC has been rescheduled for Wed 1/26. There was some talk that BC-Wake could be scheduled for that slot.

One interesting exchange was a discussion about guards blocking out on rebounds. Randolph noted that he was not very good at it. When asked why his reply was, "Rodney Rogers and Tim Duncan."

Last edited:
Back