• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - UNC v. Kansas for the Natty

Mills had a hell of a bounce back game today for FSU after missing a ton of shots vs. Wake.

Definitely not a hot take, but it feels like after Duke (ostensibly) there are about 10 teams battling to finish with between 8-12 wins in the ACC.

We really need to make up that BC game.

After seeing the league chose to reschedule BC-UNC in the only open spot we have, my fear is that we end up finishing 12-7 behind 13-7 UNC.

Yeah the longer we don’t have a date the more I’m worried we are going to get boned on the BC postponement. Currie needs to fight for that.

The league literally took a win away. If they don’t reschedule the game, they better give it back.

I'm showing UNC\BC having the game on the 26th on the schedule since the season started. Their first matchup was moved back 1 day (to Jan 2), but I don't think the game on the 26th is a reschedule. Am I missing something here?

You are not, that was an originally scheduled game (though they did mention on the Syr/Wake broadcast yesterday that the league is looking at re-scheduling that BC/Wake game that same week, when BC is down in NC). Could do that by shifting the BC/UNC game to Thursday and playing Wake/BC on Tuesday, or just playing BC/Wake that Monday.

I'm showing UNC\BC having the game on the 26th on the schedule since the season started. Their first matchup was moved back 1 day (to Jan 2), but I don't think the game on the 26th is a reschedule. Am I missing something here?

It looked like a reschedule to me because the date was TBA when I looked it up on sources besides the ACC official site yesterday.

It looked like a reschedule to me because the date was TBA when I looked it up on sources besides the ACC official site yesterday.

The time has always been TBA (since ESPN likes to shift games between ESPN/espn2/ESPNU/ACCN during the season these days), but the date was set for Wednesday, January 26th from the beginning of the season.

KP's projected ACC standings, without any makeup games:

1. Duke 13-5
2. UNC 13-6
3. Miami 12-8
4. Clemson 11-8
ND 11-8
6. VT 10-8
7. L'ville 11-9
UVA 11-9
9. WF 10-9
FSU 10-9
11. Cuse 8-11
12. BC 6-12
13. GT 6-13
14. NC State 6-14
15. Pitt 5-14

Playing an unbalanced schedule sucks on its own. Playing an unbalanced schedule, plus conference teams playing an uneven number of games sucks even more. Not making up the BC game could cost WF several spots in the standings.

FWIW, KP ranks strength of schedule in conference games only. Currently, WF will play the 3rd toughest ACC slate of games. Only Cuse and GT play a tougher schedule. Duke plays the easiest conference schedule (partially because they don't play themselves).

Last edited:
KP's projected ACC standings, without any makeup games:

1. Duke 13-5
2. UNC 13-6
3. Miami 12-8
4. Clemson 11-8
ND 11-8
6. VT 10-8
7. L'ville 11-9
UVA 11-9
9. WF 10-9
FSU 10-9
11. Cuse 8-11
12. BC 6-12
13. GT 6-13
14. NC State 6-14
15. Pitt 5-14

Playing an unbalanced schedule sucks on its own. Playing an unbalanced schedule, plus conference teams playing an uneven number of games sucks even more. Not making up the BC game could cost WF several spots in the standings.

FWIW, KP ranks strength of schedule in conference games only. Currently, WF will play the 3rd toughest ACC slate of games. Only Cuse and GT play a tougher schedule. Duke plays the easiest conference schedule (partially because they don't play themselves).

At this moment, how I view them:

ACCT Quarterfinal byes: Duke, UNC, Louisville, Miami (I guess? I still don't totally believe in them)

Scrapping for 5th: WF, UVA, FSU

Project well, but skeptical: VT, Clemson, Notre Dame

Non-factors: Cuse, BC, State, Pitt, GT

After Miami got the win at Cameron, I think they solidified their spot in the top 4. I think Louisville is most likely to drop out of the top group and open a spot for one of teams listed as scrapping for fifth to get a fourth place finish.

I'd go with Louisville, Wake, UVA and FSU scrapping for the last quarterfinal round bye spot.

Yeah. Perhaps it’s 5 teams fighting for four spots.

Back