• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - UNC v. Kansas for the Natty

After seeing the league chose to reschedule BC-UNC in the only open spot we have, my fear is that we end up finishing 12-7 behind 13-7 UNC.

Or we get to screw UNC with 12-7 and them at 12-8 :)

Miami could easily lose their next 5 games. Their defense is horrible.

Too early to pencil them in for a top 4 finish, similar to how it was too early to do that with Wake after drubbing VT.

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - ACC Now A Low-End Power Conference

Who else do you like to finish top 5 besides Miami? ND or UVa?

For ACC Tournament seeding, the conference breaks into top four who get the double bye, the next five, who get a single bye and the bottom six who play day 1.

It's a lot easier to win if you don't have to play the first two days. Thus the importance of a top four seed. Right now it looks like Duke, Miami, u*NC and then a bunch fighting for the last top 4 spot. Wake, at this time, looks to be in the mix to get a top four spot. Certainly looking to get at least into the next five.

Who else do you like to finish top 5 besides Miami? ND or UVa?

I don't know. After Duke, there is quite a logjam.

It is difficult for me to differentiate between: UNC Louisville Miami FSU UVA Clemson Wake

VT has been a huge disappointment, but they are also only 0-3.

In what should be a 20 game conference schedule, we are less than 1/4 of the way through the season... Miami had a really nice win @ Duke, but they also won 4 ACC games at home before that. I'm just not sold, especially with how poor their defense is.

It is difficult for me to differentiate between: UNC Louisville Miami FSU UVA Clemson Wake

In what should be a 20 game conference schedule, we are less than 1/4 of the way through the season... Miami had a really nice win @ Duke, but they also won 4 ACC games at home before that. I'm just not sold, especially with how poor their defense is.

FWIW, will be pounding FSU when they host Miami this week. Hard to imagine a bigger letdown spot.

The win at Duke means that they won what looked to be the most difficult game on their schedule. That may be the tie breaker at tournament seeding time. And it should be a quad 1 win for NCAA Tournament.

Week 10 rankings are out. Duke and Miami are the only ACC teams to receive votes. When was the last time that happened?

You mean other than last week (when only Duke was ranked and FSU received a handful of votes in one of the polls)?

Will be less than 48 hours after playing North Carolina. Ugh. At least its at home.

That is how most of these re-schedules are going to be shoehorned in, within 2 days of another game. UNC and Virginia Tech are playing that Monday as well, which creates 3 games in 5 days for both of those teams (as they play on Jan. 22nd and Jan. 26th as well).

BC is in the same spot. They play home against VT on Jan. 22; they now play at WF Jan. 24 and then play at UNC on January 26. Also, BC is one of the few ACC teams that has logged fewer bench minutes than WF.

BC plays at home at noon on 1/22 vs. VT, so they also have a quick turnaround (and then BC plays 1/26 at UNC and 1/29 home to Pitt)

BC is in the same spot. They play home against VT on Jan. 22; they now play at WF Jan. 24 and then play at UNC on January 26. Also, BC is one of the few ACC teams that has logged fewer bench minutes than WF.

It would be helpful if Monsanto could be available for 5-10 min per game during that stretch.

It would be helpful if Monsanto could be available for 5-10 min per game during that stretch.

Forbes said full practice release today for Monsanto but will not play against Duke or UVA……..which means maybe gets his feet wet against GTech before UNC?

Cuse been running Pitt +20 after a 1 pt lead at half but Pitt playing with effort down 13 w/ 5 to go.

TT up on #1 Baylor with about 4 min left.

Stanford took down #5 USC today at the Tuesday 1pm West Coast matinee game in front of a few hundred.

Back