• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - UNC v. Kansas for the Natty

The only thing that I can see bringing Boeheim back for one more year is if he is set on getting to 1,000 wins. He's at 990 right now and I don't think they win 10 more this year.

He has more than 1000 wins. A bunch got vacated.

He has more than 1000 wins. A bunch got vacated.

Definitely aware of the vacated wins. There are over 100 IIRC. Boeheim strikes me as the kind of dude who is stubborn enough to want the official 1,000 wins. He's also very obviously phoning it in on recruiting, so what do I know.

Capel has to be out after this season right? Timing works out since he can take Scheyer's spot on the Duke bench and resume his role as their bag man.

Would think so. He has made the tournament 3 times in 13 seasons (assuming they miss this year). This is probably his last HC stop at the P5 level.

Would think so. He has made the tournament 3 times in 13 seasons (assuming they miss this year). This is probably his last HC stop at the P5 level.

Yeah, he did well at VCU, but his non-Blake Griffin years at Oklahoma and Pittsburgh have been abysmal.

No idea where Pittsburgh would turn.

Yeah, he did well at VCU, but his non-Blake Griffin years at Oklahoma and Pittsburgh have been abysmal.

No idea where Pittsburgh would turn.

Pitt has died in the ACC. They were really competitive in the BE, have been bleeding out since Dixon left. They are in WF lost decade territory.

A once proud rivalry has been reduced to near rubble. Last night at the Carrier dome there were many empty seats. Only reason I know this is because I had a bet on the first half because I sure as hell wouldn't be watching a Pitt/Cuse game otherwise.

One of our best wins (Northwestern) now has a loss to paint touches on their resume. Yikes.

We’re a bubble team. We are who we thought we were. And that’s ok. That’s a huge improvement.

We are indeed a bubble team and that is a huge improvement over past years. It will take a while but all signs point in a positive direction.

Updated Tiers

ACCT Top Seeds
Duke - UNC - Miami

Scrapping for the 4th spot
Notre Dame - Wake Forest - FSU - Virginia - Louisville

Sketchy but can't overlook
Clemson - Virginia Tech - Syracuse - NC State

Not good
GT - BC - Pitt

I'd put UVA in the sketchy category. They barely won a struggle to score fest with an underwhelming VT team. Down year for both, though I do like Aluma. I just don't see UVA making any sort of NCAA run and think we'll beat them on Saturday. UVA is officially borrowing the old Dodger slogan wait till next year. They should have another 3-4 year good run again starting then.

I'd put UVA in the sketchy category. They barely won a struggle to score fest with an underwhelming VT team. Down year for both, though I do like Aluma. I just don't see UVA making any sort of NCAA run and think we'll beat them on Saturday. UVA is officially borrowing the old Dodger slogan wait till next year. They should have another 3-4 year good run again starting then.

You are probably right, they have mostly beaten bad ACC teams. UNC smoked them. If we beat them by 5-8 points on the road, they are officially sketchy. Louisville also slipping quickly.

Jalen Johnson scored 30 tonight in Mercer’s win over VMI. 8 for 8 from 3..

Back