• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - UNC v. Kansas for the Natty

Leonard Hamilton now has 55 wins unranked over a ranked team. Most in coaching history.

I have no idea how many Wake has as a program but it’s probably a lot less than that.

FSU is now 5-2 in ACC. Storming the court is amateur hour. They should expect to beat them at home.

Covid Petri dish. Not one mask on in the arena. Florida St is totally unconcerned about the spread of Omicron. WFU doing online classes for 2 days. I think I saw a half full arena in Miami because of students being online. Watch a few students and players get infected tonight. Assuming they follow ACC protocols, if players has symptoms, he has to be tested notwithstanding vaccination status. It would be unfortunate if they lose some players for a week or so.

At Wake-Miami, there was literally someone handing out masks as soon as you walked in the door. Almost everyone was masked.

Covid Petri dish. Not one mask on in the arena. Florida St is totally unconcerned about the spread of Omicron. WFU doing online classes for 2 days. I think I saw a half full arena in Miami because of students being online. Watch a few students and players get infected tonight. Assuming they follow ACC protocols, if players has symptoms, he has to be tested notwithstanding vaccination status. It would be unfortunate if they lose some players for a week or so.

WFU has been online for snow, not covid.

At Wake-Miami, there was literally someone handing out masks as soon as you walked in the door. Almost everyone was masked.

Fortunately here you have to mask up, and they check your vax card as you enter. They're also stopping food and beverage starting next week. Not sure how our new Gov Youngkin's anti mask and vax EOs are going to play into it.

Watched some of the Md/Mich game last night. Md hasn't been this bad since the days of Bob Wade. Their move to the B1G hasn't helped their football and hoops programs.

Well, they kicked the shit out of us at home and have beaten Gonzaga and Kentucky.

They're pretty good.

I mean, they probably aren't as good as the media portrays, but it is K's last season... You have to expect some fellating.

Top teams are going to lose games now except probably Gonzaga. It is what it is.

Well, they kicked the shit out of us at home and have beaten Gonzaga and Kentucky.

They're pretty good.

I mean, they probably aren't as good as the media portrays, but it is K's last season... You have to expect some fellating.

I also keep in mind Duke usually peaks early in the season. I remember the team with Zion destroyed UK and then failed to reach the final 4 later that year

I also keep in mind Duke usually peaks early in the season. I remember the team with Zion destroyed UK and then failed to reach the final 4 later that year

Duke has played a short roster in recent years. Also mostly young guys. The get worn down just enough. And the talent level of the teams they play goes up as they get into the tournaments.

They're pretty good.

Idk. They have 4 guys starting that will likely go in the first round, including the potential #1 overall. The only guy who isn't projected to go in the first is Wendell Moore. I was hoping our experience would give us an advantage against them, but we looked overmatched for stretches in that game, especially when Banchero (and the rest of the team) just started taking it to the rim.

Last edited:
Going to feel really dumb if we drop that one after we’ve all been clamoring about making it up for weeks

Wasn’t BC our [Redacted] “Super Bowl”? Or had everyone worked to forget that and I just unhelpfully resurrected it.

Good article from The Athletic on the decline of Pitt basketball.

Difficult for me to feel any empathy when Wake Forest had a similar decline and an entire decade of shittiness before hiring Forbes.

But still a good read.

Man that 09 Pitt team with DeJuan Blair was fun to watch.

Back