Page 35 of 176 FirstFirst ... 2530313233343536373839404585135 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - UNC v. Kansas for the Natty

Be nice if GT can pull off this upset. Watching ND/NC ST play feels like 3-0.

Quote Originally Posted by daaberry View Post
    Be nice if GT can pull off this upset. Watching ND/NC ST play feels like 3-0.
    Agree. Especially since it looks like Northwestern also shit the bed in addition to VT.

Duke barely beats Clemson at home, Miami wins on a 40 footer to beat VT and FSU is down 11 to GT at half. Guys, this season is there for the taking with versatility teamwork and coaching

Quote Originally Posted by SkyDivingDeacon View Post
    Just saw this in the box score. 61% from 3 is reminiscent of our game against them. I hope they go ice cold from 3 when they come to W-S. Hard to beat a team if they’re hitting like that from deep
    And yet, they had to bank in a half court shot to beat VT...

Quote Originally Posted by RacerDeac View Post
    And yet, they had to bank in a half court shot to beat VT...
    No doubt. Very unlucky for VT and they played well enough to win. Miami is very beatable…even more so if they don’t shoot lights out

Quote Originally Posted by Pilchard View Post
    Miami started with 4 home games and then won at Cameron.

Wong is shooting 40% from 3 in ACC games, and 27% on OOC games. PG Charlie Moore is shooting 46% from 3 in ACC games, and 33% in OOC games; F Jordan Miller is shooting 44% from 3 in ACC games, and 18% in OOC games. Maybe it took 6 weeks for Miami to find their stroke, but guessing some regression is coming.
    whoa, Charlie Moore is at Miami??

that's his fourth school

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    He’s having his best shooting season by far.

Gt taking out fsu

lol acc championship flashbacks
    semi-aquatic like otters be.

Wow. Just when I think I've figured out this league. Thought FSU was done losing those type of games.

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceCrewAllStar View Post
    whoa, Charlie Moore is at Miami??

that's his fourth school
    His freshman year, Wake had John Collins. A lot has gone done since then.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    And now we're up to #4 in the conference behind 7-2 Miami, 6-2 Duke, and 6-2 ND.

BC shot a woeful 6.3% (1-16) from three in their loss tonight.

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    FSU had been winning a lot of close games. I’m still not convinced that they are very good.

More of a bubble team than a threat to win the ACC.

Quote Originally Posted by DeacsATS View Post
    FSU had been winning a lot of close games. I’m still not convinced that they are very good.

More of a bubble team than a threat to win the ACC.
    to the point of the thread title, this year, it appears bubble teams are at least solid threats to finish top 4 of the ACC

With Wake halfway through the conference schedule, the following may be somewhat instructive —

Plus/minus per 100 possessions in conference only games to date:

1) Wake +13.5
    2) Duke +12.6
    3) Miami +8.7
    4) UNC +7.6
    5) Notre Dame +4.6
    6) Clemson +0.2
    7) NC State -1.6
    8) Syracuse -2.1
    9) Florida St -3.2
    10) Virginia -3.4
    11) Louisville -5.0
    12) Pitt -5.0
    13) VT -8.5
    14) Georgia Tech -10.0
    15) BC -10.5
    Last edited by Haros; 01-27-2022 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haros View Post
    With Wake halfway through the conference schedule, the following may be somewhat constructive — plus/minus per 100 possessions in conference only games to date:

1) Wake +13.5
    2) Duke +12.6
    3) Miami +8.7
    4) UNC +7.6
    5) Notre Dame +4.6
    6) Clemson +0.2
    7) NC State -1.6
    8) Syracuse -2.1
    9) Florida St -3.2
    10) Virginia -3.4
    11) Louisville -5.0
    12) Pitt -5.0
    13) VT -8.5
    14) Georgia Tech -10.0
    15) BC -10.5
    Good stuff. Man, VT has been so disappointing, but they also have had some bad luck (Miami shot 61% from 3 last night -- 61% WTF?). Funny that Pitt and L'ville are essentially even. Pitt has improved, but L'ville.. yikes; in retrospect, that was a bad loss for WF. Like Miami, ND's offense drastically improved when they moved into ACC play. Brey has sucked at recruiting in recent seasons, but he found a potentially great one in Blake Wesley. Murmurs that he could be a 1st round pick after this season.

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilchard View Post
    Good stuff. Man, VT has been so disappointing, but they also have had some bad luck (Miami shot 61% from 3 last night -- 61% WTF?). Funny that Pitt and L'ville are essentially even. Pitt has improved, but L'ville.. yikes; in retrospect, that was a bad loss for WF. Like Miami, ND's offense drastically improved when they moved into ACC play. Brey has sucked at recruiting in recent seasons, but he found a potentially great one in Blake Wesley. Murmurs that he could be a 1st round pick after this season.
    And ND has JJ Starling coming in for '22... Which I think is Brey's highest rated recruit in a long time.

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    And Pilch, aren't you proud of me for not mentioning Nate Laszewski in my last post?

Quote Originally Posted by DeacsATS View Post
    And Pilch, aren't you proud of me for not mentioning Nate Laszewski in my last post?
    I'm ready for the full force of your Laszewski love in February.... FWIW, that game is played during Valentine's Day week. Your boy is shooting 62% from 3 in ACC games that #1 in the ACC by a large margin. He was 4 for 5 from 3 with 11 boards last night. Strong.