• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - UNC v. Kansas for the Natty

One thing I noticed from most of the box scores I looked at was there are very few power conference teams playing a rotation of more than 7 guys.

Would have expected to see the minutes spread out more given a lot of blowouts and what should be some deeper rosters due to transfers / extended eligibility.

Power Conference losers last night:

Miami (O) 72 GT 69 (GT favored by 10.5)
Citadel 78 Pitt 63 (Pitt favored by 10.5)
Navy 66 UVA 58 (UVA favored by 14)
Western Illinois 75 Nebraska 74 (Nebraska favored by 16)
UC-San Diego 80 Cal 67 (Cal favored by 16)
Northern Illinois 71 Washington 64 (Washington favored by 18)

It's early, but the ACC (3-9 ATS) and the Pac 12 had a rough opening night.

been pulling for my guy Hoiberg with the Bulls and Huskers but it has not been going great

Pitt has had some god-awful seasons in recent years (19-71 in the ACC since the start of the 2016-7 season), and this season is only going to add to that misery. They may only be favored in 4 of their games this year. WV is going to destroy the Panthers on Friday.

How could the ACC’s results from last night possibly affect our game?

It doesn’t but I’d say WM is probably better than Navy and the Citadel and I just in general get nervous every game football and basketball lol

It doesn’t but I’d say WM is probably better than Navy and the Citadel and I just in general get nervous every game football and basketball lol

Basketball? Nervous? lol.

The last decade plus shouldn't have caused you a whole lot of nervous energy. Football, yes... I'm with you on that.

Navy is good. They are the favorite (along with Colgate) in the Patriot conference. Navy went 15-3 last year, including a win over G'town, and brought everyone back this season, but one player. Navy hosts VT on Friday, and could win that one too. Navy would be a 9-10 point favorite over WM. While better than WM, Citadel isn't as strong as Navy, that result was more about Pitt being terrible.

Basketball? Nervous? lol.

The last decade plus shouldn't have caused you a whole lot of nervous energy. Football, yes... I'm with you on that.

After a decade in the desert this is the year we are supposed see hope so I’m optimistic but I know it will take a while. Still would like to see the NIT this year so every ooc game is huge.

Navy is good. They are the favorite (along with Colgate) in the Patriot conference. Navy went 15-3 last year, including a win over G'town, and brought everyone back this season, but one player. Navy hosts VT on Friday, and could win that one too. Navy would be a 9-10 point favorite over WM. While better than WM, Citadel isn't as strong as Navy, that result was more about Pitt being terrible.

They said during the game last night Navy was playing without their top 2 players

Power Conference losers last night:

Miami (O) 72 GT 69 (GT favored by 10.5)
Citadel 78 Pitt 63 (Pitt favored by 10.5)
Navy 66 UVA 58 (UVA favored by 14)
Western Illinois 75 Nebraska 74 (Nebraska favored by 16)
UC-San Diego 80 Cal 67 (Cal favored by 16)
Northern Illinois 71 Washington 64 (Washington favored by 18)

It's early, but the ACC (3-9 ATS) and the Pac 12 had a rough opening night.

And UNC's win was unimpressive. The ACC blows again this year. Duke and FSU are probably the only legit top 25 teams. Young could have VT being sneaky decent. UVA has Stattman, who I've always wanted to deport, logging serious minutes. They're a year or 2 away from being good again (they have a good class coming in next year).

Pilch, I waited a whole 3 pages before chiming in. I should get some credit for that.

They said during the game last night Navy was playing without their top 2 players

Not sure where that comes from as four of Navy's top 5 scorers played last night. The only key player missing from last year is Cam Davis.

The ACC begins the season tied with the Big East as the fourth best conference according to Sagarin. Big 10, Big 12 and SEC are 1-3.

Best to hope for every ACC team to win every OOC game. Preseason largely determines schedule strength and conference strength for the entire year.

Manny Bates confirmed out for the year for NCSU.

Not sure where we fall vs the top/middle of the ACC, but I have to think we'll be better than NCSU GT BC Clemson & Pitt this year (at a minimum).

That's a 10th place floor.

Manny Bates confirmed out for the year for NCSU.

Not sure where we fall vs the top/middle of the ACC, but I have to think we'll be better than NCSU GT BC Clemson & Pitt this year (at a minimum).

That's a 10th place floor.

Agreed. In Forbes we trust! :thumbsup:

Hells yes.

Pitt might be the worst team in the ACC, because at least BC has Earl Grant energy and not Jeff Capel dead man walking dread.

Back