• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - UNC v. Kansas for the Natty

Bold predictions for rest of regular season. Wake only loses one more game. Virginia Tech goes undefeated.

#3 UCLA going into OT vs. 6-13 ASU.

Syracuse next 4 games: @BC, @VT, BC, GT. They're shooting is red-hot right now.

Not unthinkable to see them get to 10 conference wins going into this brutal stretch: @ND, Duke, @UNC, Miami.

I do not want to see them again this season.

An interesting wrinkle re: UNC's bubble status is that their AD is on the committee. Clearly they have no business being in right now so hopefully the other members would have the balls to vote Bubba's team down

Really unimpressed with Miami yesterday. I'd seen parts of 2 of their earlier games but hadn't gotten a feel for them. They have 3 nice guards who are solid on both ends, and Waardenburg has decent offensive skill but is incredibly soft defensively. They have zero rim protection whatsoever. UVA must have set a record for most points within 5' of the basket. If you can get a step on their guards, you have an unchallenged layup. And UVA had guards with the same quickness as Miami's, so that negated the advantage Miami has with most teams (though Moore was abusing Clark on both ends for a while). Yeah, UVA shot a higher than usual %, but I just don't see Miami as a legit team in the dance. ND is more deserving of a bid. And no, this doesn't put UVA anywhere near the bubble. They have a lot to do to sniff the bubble. I never thought I'd be able to say this, but we're the 2nd best ACC team.

Current ACC individual leaders, Win Shares:

1. ManMan 4.6 (#10 nationally)
2. Jake 4.3
3. Bacot 4.0
4. Moore 4.0
5. Banchero 3.8

Updated conference only efficiency per 100 possessions:

1) Duke +15.1
2) Wake + 10.7
3) UNC +6.5
4) Miami +5.8
5) Syracuse +4.8
6) Notre Dame +3.8
7) Clemson +0.3
8) UVA +0.1
9) VT -1.8
10) NC St -5.8
11) Florida St -5.8
12) Pitt -8.2
13) Louisville -8.3
14) BC -8.6
15) GT -10.0

Was turning back and forth between Pebble and the Loyola Chicago game. They really have been a fun watch the last few years. Mo St wasn't bad either.

I know better than to get invested in a team playing at Duke, but here I am watching it.

I know better than to get invested in a team playing at Duke, but here I am watching it.

Who we rooting for here? I almost always root against Dook, but I’m thinking it might be good to knock Virginia out of top 4 contention. At the same time, Virginia winning increases chances of them getting to top 70 and giving us a quad 1 win. Really torn, especially given 0-0 with a sinkhole opening doesn’t appear likely.

UVA wins and WF could be playing in Cameron for 1st place in the conference next week. Think big

Who we rooting for here? I almost always root against Dook, but I’m thinking it might be good to knock Virginia out of top 4 contention. At the same time, Virginia winning increases chances of them getting to top 70 and giving us a quad 1 win. Really torn, especially given 0-0 with a sinkhole opening doesn’t appear likely.

Definitely Virginia.

1 - Open up the race for ACCT and we would have a chance to control our destiny (not sure the tiebreaker with Duke if we are 1-1 against them) for No.1 ACCT seed
2 - Virginia has another game against Miami and Duke, if they start getting hot, that would help us as we are 1-0 against them with no other games
3 - F Duke

All the rules suggest rooting for UVa.

1. Root against Duke.
2. Root against teams at the top of the standings.
3. Root for teams your team has already beaten especially if they don't play again.
4. Root against the home team.

Virginia had two brutal results OOC. They lost to a very good Iowa team by 1 pt and JMU by 3pt. Navy, I don't know what happened.

If they were 16-7 (8-5), with an additional quad 1 win, they would be in the bubble discussion for sure.

Definitely Virginia.

1 - Open up the race for ACCT and we would have a chance to control our destiny (not sure the tiebreaker with Duke if we are 1-1 against them) for No.1 ACCT seed
2 - Virginia has another game against Miami and Duke, if they start getting hot, that would help us as we are 1-0 against them with no other games
3 - F Duke

tiebreaker after H2H is record against the best teams in conference 1 by 1 in descending order

so for example if Miami is in 3rd place and we beat them at home, we would be 1-1 against them, Duke 0-1, we win tiebreaker.

Corey Alexander is doing UVa-Duke. Makes me wonder if we'll get Randolph doing a Wake game this season. Obviously, he's closer than just a 90s alum after his coaching stint, but it would still be cool.

Back