• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - UNC v. Kansas for the Natty

How does that happen two years post national championship?

Tony did not recruit well for 3 years straight. I missed the Navy game but went last night. UVA has 3 legit players - Gardner, Franklin and Beekman. Beekman is a lot more assertive this year and is mostly running the point. Which means UVA is starting a 5'9" SG who passes up most outside shots. Shedrick is a more serviceable big than I thought he'd be, and his back-up Caffaro is just 5 fouls. The bench isn't much. Murray looks like he'll be a serviceable wing, McCorckle I'm not so sure, and Stattman still needs to be deported. It's still a flawed team but better than last year. And they have 4 4*s coming in next year with Beekman and Franklin back. Gardner is a senior, but he's an undersized PF, so maybe he'll take a covid year and come back.

After the game, I was turning back and forth between the 2nd half of VT/Navy and the USA/Mexico tilt. VT blew Navy out. I'm really becoming a believer in Mike Young. His Wofford teams could compete with the big boys, and he's had VT tournament eligible each year after inheriting a bare cupboard from the Good Buzz and a seemingly different roster each year. They'll compete with UNC to be the #3 team in the conference and should be in the top 25. Aluma is a stud, and they have a bunch of guys who can shoot.

UMass took Penn State to PoundTown last night (81-56)... Penn State was a 4 point favorite.

Clearly a team we should beat should we see them in a couple of weeks.

Marquette also knocked off #10 Illinois last night... Shaka.

UMass took Penn State to PoundTown last night (81-56)... Penn State was a 4 point favorite.

Clearly a team we should beat should we see them in a couple of weeks.

Marquette also knocked off #10 Illinois last night... Shaka.

Once again the Big East isn't kidding around. Crazy what they've been able to do with their biggest national brand (Georgetown) being entirely absent since realignment.

Duke plays Gardner-Webb tonight. Game has not been taken off the Board. G-W getting 20.5. Is Debbie the daughter that went to WF?

They got picked up by Orange County (i.e., where Chapel Hill is) sheriffs instead of Durham County. Don't think they're gonna be cutting them any breaks.

What is in Orange County/Chapel Hill, that is not in Durham County/Duke?

Poor coach relationships, sad for him.

There was really only one undergrad bar in Durham and it's closed. Shooters was probably the only place you could pretty easily get served underage. Between that and on-campus rules, it has to be way easier to party in Chapel Hill right now. That's my guess.

I looked up on google maps where they got pulled over and it’s the middle of fucking nowhere. No idea what they were doing out there drunk on a Monday night.

https://www.wral.com/duke-basketbal...avarino-face-charges-related-to-dwi/19984306/

North Carolina Highway Patrol Sgt. Chris Knox said Savarino was pulled over at a traffic stop at Bushy Cook Road and W. Ten Road near Hillsborough just after 1 a.m. on Sunday.

83bee27e5aa002a2d70c2cc4d2f9a756.jpg

Fucking Efland, really?

Lynyrd Skynyrd farewell tour was in GBoro on Saturday night. Bet they were coming home from that.

Oh I missed the day. Thought it happened last night. Saturday night makes more sense.

Banchero is dressed out to play tonight. K will leave to Sheyer to levy out punishments next year.

So K's grandson who got the DWI walks on last year and this year he gets a full ride. His daughter (the kids mother) is the assistant director of athletics at Duke. Duke can't pay K enough apparently. It needs to be spread down the family tree.

Understand that early season rankings are completely worthless but BYU demolished #12 Oregon 81-49 last night. That’s a beating.

BYU's Coach Mark Pope, who spent a year at WF under [] is a star.

FWIW, the early conference power ratings are ugly for the ACC:

1. Big 10
2. Big 12
3. SEC
4. Big East
5. Pac 12
6. ACC

Not sure, but believe that is the worst the ACC has been in decades. The conference has been in decline.

Back