• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - UNC v. Kansas for the Natty

Soooo....we want Gonzaga and Saint Mary's in these WCC games, right?

Furman last received an NCAA tournament bid in 1980. Going to have to wait even longer.

This color analyst on the Horizon League game is gushing about Forbes and Alondes, picks Wake as his dark horse to win the ACCT. Says he likes Forbes for National COY, but thinks it'll go to Sampson.

I hope Kelvin Sampson isn’t getting COY consideration. That makes little sense to me. I would think Cooley is a close lock to win that award.

Anybody looking for early season vibes can check out Petey Gillen covering this Charleston-UNCW game.

I had no idea that Herb Sendek was head coach at Santa Clara. Lost track of him after ASU.

Last edited:
Soooo....we want Gonzaga and Saint Mary's in these WCC games, right?

Yes. There will be no bid thief from the West Coast Conference. I'm assuming the P6 conferences will all be won by teams ahead of us on the S-curve as well. That leaves the following as potential bid thieves:

American- Houston is a 5 seed on Bracket Matrix and would definitely be ahead of us even with a loss. Memphis is one spot behind us, while SMU is the last team in.

Mountain West- Colorado is a 7 seed, while Boise is an 8, and SDSU is a 9. Wyoming is a 12, while no one else charts. We want one of the top 3 to win.

Atlantic 10- Davidson is a 10 seed, and two spots ahead of us, so it's uncertain they would outrank us if they took a loss in the conference tourney, but still probably best for them to win. VCU is the first team out, while Dayton is receiving votes.

LUC and (especially) Murray St winning their tournaments was big for us. The number of potential thieves is shrinking.

I would take a matchup vs this San Fran team.

USF is likely to be in a play in game. I don't desire being in a play in game. And USF has been a pretty darn good team the last couple of years. But they're not going to beat a Gonzaga.

Bellarmine wins the ASun, but they do not get the automatic bid because they are in the transition period to Division 1. Someone explain to me the logic of this.

Bellarmine wins the ASun, but they do not get the automatic bid because they are in the transition period to Division 1. Someone explain to me the logic of this.

Absolutely ridiculous. They have to wait 2 more years after this to be able to get a bid. If a team earns a tourney bid after moving from D2, that’s an awesome story for the sport and should be celebrated.

Last edited:
Looks like the Bryant student section fighting Wagner fans behind the bench.

I don’t feel very impressed by this Gonzaga-St Mary’s game. Pretty sure we’d hang with these teams.

Hey Alex Arians, brother of Austin, is dancing. If I knew his brother played for SDSU I had forgotten. 30-4 and undefeated in conference.

I don’t feel very impressed by this Gonzaga-St Mary’s game. Pretty sure we’d hang with these teams.

Not saying you’re wrong, but for perspective purposes, Wake would be around a 17 point underdog to Zags.

Back