• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - UNC v. Kansas for the Natty

Which is why being 1-and-done is necessary

??? Points per game is points per game, no matter how many games played. That is why Sebron from State is 5th instead of third. He has more points than the two guys in 3rd and 4th but played in one more game (32 vs. 31).

If you're the FSU dude how do you not demand a review after getting punched?

That definitely reminded me of the nut punch by the way, Buddy's just a lot taller than CP3. I guess that's just a thing 1st team all ACC players do?

??? Points per game is points per game, no matter how many games played. That is why Sebron from State is 5th instead of third. He has more points than the two guys in 3rd and 4th but played in one more game (32 vs. 31).

Yes, but a second game gives him another chance to have a big game as well.

Jay Bilas saying we are firmly in the field and disagreeing with Lunardi that we're on the bubble was nice to hear.

It seems like the UVA/Louisville matchup is helpful to us. If Louisville wins, that loss definitely moves to Quad 2. If UVA wins, that should bump that win into Quad 1.

Jay Bilas saying we are firmly in the field and disagreeing with Lunardi that we're on the bubble was nice to hear.

It seems like the UVA/Louisville matchup is helpful to us. If Louisville wins, that loss definitely moves to Quad 2. If UVA wins, that should bump that win into Quad 1.

Bilas is a WF parent. L'ville is not beating UVA today. L'ville looked impressive last night because three key GT players went out the night before the game and apparently went at it hard; that's why DeVoe and Usher didn't start.

Bilas is a WF parent. L'ville is not beating UVA today. L'ville looked impressive last night because three key GT players went out the night before the game and apparently went at it hard; that's why DeVoe and Usher didn't start.

Being a WF parent didn't stop him from calling Bacot the ACCPOY. Honestly, I'm not so sure there isn't some resentment towards Wake for how much we hated Manning at the end. His son sure didn't appreciate it.

It is said lunardi gets fed info which shapes his projections, but who would be feeding him info from a closed door committee? And it’s not like espn would be privy to lots given that they don’t broadcast the tournament.

His wife went to grad school at Wake as well.

Bilas has said teams are clearly in and been wrong before. Wouldn't read much into that. I've never heard him say a team is clearly out, FWIW.

We def shouldn't be comfortable -- the non-conf SOS and lack of Q1 wins are def red flags. Overcomeable warts but I think I'm more nervous about this team getting in than the 2017 team since that team had less things the committee could point to as to why they left it out of the field

Woof. FSU looks turrible...

giphy.gif

It is said lunardi gets fed info which shapes his projections, but who would be feeding him info from a closed door committee? And it’s not like espn would be privy to lots given that they don’t broadcast the tournament.

I think that theory is nonsense — people are grasping at reasons why his bracket would change day to day. The way I see it he has 2 jobs — and it’s tough to thread the needle of doing #2 without looking too crazy on #1.

1) get the bracket as close to right as he can on selection Sunday;
2) stir debate and activity among the teams, and particularly those playing on ESPN.

As to how teams could move without playing — there are thousands of h2h comparisons you could do — and the strength of prior wins changes all the time based on what prior opponents do. Maybe he hadn’t compared 2 teams directly before and now they’re close, and it’s clear the team behind has the better resume. Maybe someone’s resume has crept to a better or worse state. Lots of reasons that don’t involve being fed info by the committee, which doesn’t make sense.

Also, if he was fed info, his results would be a lot better than they have been. He’s good and slightly above average over a long time. He does well enough in front of a camera with short sound bites, another important part of his job. I don’t think he has any magic secret sauce that can’t be replicated but he’s good enough at his job and lucky to get paid to do it.

Really wish this Syracuse team would figuratively go away and die already.

Lunardi also is on a different schedule than the committee since he's updating his bracket regularly, as opposed to the committee who selects and seeds the majority of the at-large teams on just one occasion. Thus he may develop preconceived notions of teams, whereas taking a look at a team's resume with a fresh sight of eyes may yield a different opinion

Back