• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - UNC v. Kansas for the Natty

The odd thing is I don't have a player to 'hate' on VT. And I have nothing on Mike Young.

God, I guess I am happy for the V Tech fans, but this makes me sick.

The odd thing is I don't have a player to 'hate' on VT. And I have nothing on Mike Young.

There's nothing to hate except VT fans. This is some guys taking it to the retiring Coach K and a bunch of NBA draft picks.

Why can't Wake do this?

There's nothing to hate except VT fans. This is some guys taking it to the retiring Coach K and a bunch of NBA draft picks.

Why can't Wake do this?

Honestly, we're not getting in anyway. I am going to enjoy Virginia Tech, the redheaded stepchild of Virginia, spoil this for K. So much hoopla and not a damn thing to show for it. A bunch of top 10 recruits dismantled by kid who were recruited to mid-majors. I kind of love it. Wish it was us, but I still love it being ruined for these douchebag Dukies.

I'm not ruling out the idea that Manning gets canned in early May after Currie gets that amount of time to raise money for the buyout. Mike Young would be a solid, reasonably priced, hire.

That would be an all-time horrible hire at any price.

Hmm.

Let this be a lesson kiddos, if you can coach, you can win in any league

Amazing that Duke has lost this game plus the UNC game at Cameron. I would have never thought Ratface would have gone out like this.

Of course Coach K's DUI loving grandson shot a three to end the game.

First VT saved us for a day of 'the greatest rivalry ever' talk.

Then they totally grind dook down to a nub.

If all things are equal, if UNC can jump to a 9 seed, VT probably looks just as much as a 9 seed.

Why can't Wake do this?

Virginia Tech and Georgia Tech are the last two ACC tourney champions. Nothing besides God's unquenchable hatred for Wake Forest is keeping us from being able to do it, too.

VT seemed overrated in the metrics all season, but maybe Kenpom and NET knew something we didn’t.

Good interview with Justyn Mutts. Seems like a real good dude.

There's no such thing as overrated in the metrics. People will never learn!

VT seemed overrated in the metrics all season, but maybe Kenpom and NET knew something we didn’t.

Good interview with Justyn Mutts. Seems like a real good dude.
Duke looked lethargic out there. Anybody know where they ate last night?

And VT definitely lived up to whatever hype the metrics gave them.

Duke looked lethargic out there. Anybody know where they ate last night?

And VT definitely lived up to whatever hype the metrics gave them.

I do think the pressure of trying to win for K is getting to Duke's players. If their opponent can keep it close Duke starts to tighten up and you can almost see the stress and pressure start to rise. And once they reach the NCAA Tourney and they're facing the possibility of each game being K's last game ever the pressure is only going to get even worse.

That game was insane. "New Wofford" killed it tonight. How is there not more talk about Cattoor? Wonder how many players have 7 threes on 30+ points in an ACC championship game... He almost had twice as many 3's as Duke's entire team. Career high. Coming off a 3 point outing against UNC... Shot better from 3 than Duke did from the free throw line...

Freakshow performance. Shit we'd probably still be out if we'd beaten BC and lost to Miami if we're out now.

Virginia Tech and Georgia Tech are the last two ACC tourney champions. Nothing besides God's unquenchable hatred for Wake Forest is keeping us from being able to do it, too.

GT has won as many ACC Tourney Championships as Wake despite joining the league some 26 years after Wake did.

They played hard, played smart and were well-coached. They did a great job with defensive switches, didn't turn the ball over and didn't gag their free throws.

Duke had to settle for threes and couldn't throw it in the ocean.

They were a pleasure to watch. Tourney-bound.

Last edited:
Back