• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - UNC v. Kansas for the Natty

Rumors swirling that GG Jackson #1 rated recruit out of the HS Class of 2023 will decommit from UNC and enroll at S. Carolina for this academic year. Would be a big loss for the Heels and huge pick up for the Cocks.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10042073-report-5-star-pf-gg-jackson-expected-to-decommit-from-unc-enroll-at-south-carolina

I'm sure there is a lot more to this story....

fast-hands-money-hcp7bh9a9afyr753.gif

Rumors swirling that GG Jackson #1 rated recruit out of the HS Class of 2023 will decommit from UNC and enroll at S. Carolina for this academic year. Would be a big loss for the Heels and huge pick up for the Cocks.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10042073-report-5-star-pf-gg-jackson-expected-to-decommit-from-unc-enroll-at-south-carolina

I'm sure there is a lot more to this story....

fast-hands-money-hcp7bh9a9afyr753.gif

Not really: what I read is that he had an option of going to Elite,the GLeague or UNC, and at that point the NIL $$ at UNC was the highest "bid". Apparently the Cocks have come back with a better deal, so he's considering it. All perfectly legal now, and pretty much what many of us have done in our professional lives, i.e. weight our options and when possible leverage one against the other.

GG is also going to reclassify and enroll at South Carolina now instead of a year from now in chapel hill, thereby starting his clock for the NBA a year earlier. The success for guys reclassifying is mixed though , but this guy does seem really really good.

The Athletic's way-too-early 2023 mock draft said he could be next year's Shaedon Sharpe. It didn't list him because he hadn't reclassified yet.

So did he go to SC because UNC didn't have any 2022 scholarships left?

Apparently it's now official - GG Jackson has decommitted from UNC and "reopened" his recruitment to play in college next season. South Carolina is believed to be the favorite to land his services. UNC's first #1 recruit in a long while and he decommits. LOL.

UNC's lack of scholarships for 2022 didn't help but mainly it comes down to GG wanting to stay home and getting comfortable with Lamont Paris. The rumors were flying at the end of last season that he was committing to South Carolina but then Frank Martin got fired and UNC stepped into the void. Plus I'm assuming that someone is coming up with a nice NLI package for him that was at least as good as what UNC offered and what he could make in the G league.

Apparently, his mother wanted him to play at SC. She didn't even attend his commitment ceremony when he picked UNC. This would be the biggest recruit for SC basketball ever. I doubt it will make their team any good though, and re-classifying big men have a mixed record of success.

Apparently, his mother wanted him to play at SC. She didn't even attend his commitment ceremony when he picked UNC. This would be the biggest recruit for SC basketball ever. I doubt it will make their team any good though, and re-classifying big men have a mixed record of success.

"Back in the day" I used to live/die over who Wake signed in basketball (and more often than not, seems like we lost guys like Tom Hammonds and Robert Brickey at the last minute). But that was back when guys played 3-4 years. Now it's a lot harder to get overly excited or disappointed about any top recruit b/c if they live up to the hype you have them at-best for one season.

You sure post a lot on a college sports message board for someone who keeps saying they don’t like college sports anymore.

You sure post a lot on a college sports message board for someone who keeps saying they don’t like college sports anymore.

I still like and follow it, but maybe about 1/8 as much as you do based on your 17k posts vs. my 2k.

Feel like the last few responses have been overlooking the early enrollment factor. Carolina is loaded this upcoming season and was counting on GG being the starter the following season- he chose to graduate early, so he could go to college 1 year earlier and get drafted 1 year earlier + the family factor, it makes a lot of sense.

Feel like the last few responses have been overlooking the early enrollment factor. Carolina is loaded this upcoming season and was counting on GG being the starter the following season- he chose to graduate early, so he could go to college 1 year earlier and get drafted 1 year earlier + the family factor, it makes a lot of sense.

If he is re-classifying, it makes sense to go to SC. He will be far and away the best player there.

He may not even start on UNC this year if we were to join the team in 2022-2023. The transfer Pete Nance averaged 15ppg in the B1G last season.

GG officially commits today to Gamecocks and becomes their highest rated recruit in school history. I love everything about this story, especially the decommiting from the Holes.

Bad news for UNC, but bad news for the ACC too if the conference begins to lose top recruits to bottom feeders in the SEC.

Don't need to worry about the ACC basketball recruiting too much as Duke (shocker) has far and away the best start to recruiting the 2023 HS class. Duke already has commitments from four 5 star recruits. Kentucky has three, and no other school has more than one (UNC has one 5 star commitment from the class of 2023 in addition to GG). So, the ACC blue blood programs are doing just fine.

Last edited:
Calipari is demanding a new practice facility for the Kentucky men's basketball team, but my favorite part about that was this line in his rant...

https://theathletic.com/3498423/2022/08/11/kentucky-calipari-practice-facility/

Had to go to google to find the source for this fun fact I remembered reading at some point in the past and stuck in my brain:

https://www.theverge.com/2013/10/19/4855076/the-law-of-urination-mammals-take-21-seconds-to-pee

Researchers at the Georgia Institute of Technology have discovered a new golden rule: every mammal takes about 21 seconds to urinate. Patricia Yang and her co-authors dubbed it the "Law of Orientation" in a paper published this week, and they say it applies across a wide range of animal sizes.

But the googling did lead me to another fun fact; giraffes are piss freaks!

https://www.popsci.com/giraffe-reproduction-birth-live-stream/

We’ll start at the beginning of this beautiful process: conception. Giraffes don’t have a set mating season. Instead they have an estrous cycle, which is a lot like the human menstrual cycle (but with less blood and slightly different hormones). The male giraffes don’t just mate with the ladies all the time, so they generally try to find a way to determine is the lady is fertile. How, do you ask? Pee. The answer is always pee.

The boy giraffe lopes on over to the girl giraffe and rubs against her in what can only be described as gentle whacking. Then when the lady starts a-peein’, the gent leans down and tastes it. If he tastes hormones that indicate she’s in heat, the beautiful mating ritual begins.

Calipari is demanding a new practice facility for the Kentucky men's basketball team, but my favorite part about that was this line in his rant...

https://theathletic.com/3498423/2022/08/11/kentucky-calipari-practice-facility/

I respect Stoops for trying to stand up for his program, but come on man. When people think of the Kentucky Wildcats, they are going to think of the 8 national championships and countless NBA stars. Not the football team who hasnt won the conference since 1976.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/k...liparis-comment-about-disrespect-at-kentucky/

Pete Carril, who is most credited for developing the Princeton Offense has passed.

360_pete_carril_0315.jpg

Back