• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - UNC v. Kansas for the Natty

Exactly. That's why the #6 seed is the next best seed behind 1, 2, and 3. Avoid those tricky #12 and #13 seeds and avoid the #1 seed until the Elite Eight.

Yeah, a 6 or 7 seed is obviously better than an 8 or 9 - wouldn't fare well against a Baylor or Gonzaga if we win the 1st game. I feel a bit better about our chances because of Monsanto. A bench of only Whitt and Sy was going to be a liability come tourney time.

FWIW, the crowd at last night's game was really sparse outside of the student section. By sparse, I mean well less than half full, even in the lower section. I guess the combination of covid going crazy here with having a sucky team is having a negative effect on attendance.

Clemson giving dook all they can take in the first half.

Bilas and play by play guy (I should know his name) act like this is just a casual game. Horrible announcing crew. No excitement, more interested in dook trivia for the students.

Early in the game, Clemson got called for a block. Bilas expressed fake surprise, "Oh wow. A block in college basketball this season." C'mon. It's not even worth trying to draw charges in Cameron.

Clemson-Duke tied at 36.

Last edited:
And William with the arm, at least, to the head on the fast break but just a common foul. Really?

Just showed that Duke's largest active winning streak against one team is Wake with 22. Embarassing.

Clemson's last win at Cameron was the backbreaker game. A bad Clemson team went into Cameron and beat a team with Wojo, Capel, and Trajan Langdon. The next day K announced he was out for the season.

Just showed that Duke's largest active winning streak against one team is Wake with 22. Embarassing.

If that is 22 straight games home and away, then that is basically the decade in the wilderness-11 years. If it was 22 games at Cameron, then some pretty good Wake players never won there.

ETA: Wake last won in Cameron in Jan 97. A few years since then they only played at Wake. Like 2004 and 2008, Wake beat Duke at the Joel, but did not play in Cameron.

Last edited:
Duke's home winning streak. We beat Duke at home under Manning. Yes. Every good player we've had since Duncan hasn't won at Duke and most didn't really get close. We lost by 1 a few years ago and by 5 with Collins.

I thought so too, but the math seemed off as Wake plays there every year.

The dook home-and-home took a hiatus for a few years after expansion while we battled our true rivals, NC State and Georgia Tech.

the only one they got in 40 mins
Seriously? What a joke.

There's no way Scheyer gets the same treatment, right? There's no way Duke continues to play the "foul so much that if they called them all the game would never finish" defense and get away with it post K, right?

Duncan never lost in Cameron. Ironically, DM has come closest to winning at dook, losing by 9, 5 and 1, no team, not CP3, not JoHo, not Teague has come closer than 10 in Cameron.

We didn't play at Cameron in 2008 and 2011.

Back