• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - UNC v. Kansas for the Natty

Curious to see what happens tonight at VT. They seem to just be awful and at the same time Miami seems legit. The analytics say VT is a better team and thus are 5 point favorites tonight. Numbers vs eyes

Mack is now out at Louvul. What a quick downward spiral that was. Anyone know what happened there?

Curious to see what happens tonight at VT. They seem to just be awful and at the same time Miami seems legit. The analytics say VT is a better team and thus are 5 point favorites tonight. Numbers vs eyes

VT's power rating is out of whack because they blew out a bunch of decent OOC opponents including an 86-49 win over St. Bonaventure who is near the top of the Atlantic 10. As a result, they have been favored in almost ACC game, and they have lost most of them. Agree that its beyond weird that Miami is 6-2, on top of the ACC with two 1 point losses to FSU, and VT is 2-6 in the ACC with two narrow wins over middling NC State and Notre Dame, and VT is a 5 point favorite. Still hard for me to trust Miami, they were a below average offensive team in OOC games, but they have been the best offensive team in ACC conference games, including shooting an unsustainable 41% from 3.

VT blew out *1* decent OOC opponent; they also beat Maryland by 4

Their only other top 200 OOC win is over #148 Navy (KP would value Navy as a 1-point neutral court favorite over Oregon State)

I won't call Miami's shooting unsustainable until it slips. Wong is extremely accurate and very good at getting open looks from 3. Miami runs its offense to get those good looks for its shooters.

VT's power rating is out of whack because they blew out a bunch of decent OOC opponents including an 86-49 win over St. Bonaventure who is near the top of the Atlantic 10. As a result, they have been favored in almost ACC game, and they have lost most of them. Agree that its beyond weird that Miami is 6-2, on top of the ACC with two 1 point losses to FSU, and VT is 2-6 in the ACC with two narrow wins over middling NC State and Notre Dame, and VT is a 5 point favorite. Still hard for me to trust Miami, they were a below average offensive team in OOC games, but they have been the best offensive team in ACC conference games, including shooting an unsustainable 41% from 3.

Didn't Miami start with 5 home ACC games?

Didn't Miami start with 5 home ACC games?

Miami started with 4 home games and then won at Cameron.

Wong is shooting 40% from 3 in ACC games, and 27% on OOC games. PG Charlie Moore is shooting 46% from 3 in ACC games, and 33% in OOC games; F Jordan Miller is shooting 44% from 3 in ACC games, and 18% in OOC games. Maybe it took 6 weeks for Miami to find their stroke, but guessing some regression is coming.

Auburn has ascended to #1. Believe its the first time in school history. Bruce Pearl is shady, but credit to him for succeeding at a program with no basketball tradition outside of Barclay and Chuck Person.

Deep connections between Forbes and Bruce Pearl. I assume that they are still close, but not sure after the NCAA essentially caused every coach in that program to fend for themselves and rebuild his career.

Also, "The Big Ten and Big East have five ranked teams apiece, followed by the SEC and Big 12 with four each. The Pac-12 has three and the ACC, American Athletic, West Coast and Atlantic 10 each have one." Barf.

If I recall correctly, Auburn, led by Marquis Daniels, knocked Wake out of the second round in 2003 for Josh Howard’s final game as a Deac…Then Josh and Marquis ended up on the Mavericks together for several seasons.

Shocked that BC is giving UNC a game tonight after playing Saturday and then Monday @ Wake.

Miami just won at VT on halfcourt shot by Charlie Moore.

At 2-7 in the ACC, I think I’m finally ready to pronounce the Hokies dead.

Turrible final play from VT coming out of TO in a tie game - force an off-balance 3 with enough time for Miami to rebound and get a decent shot at the other end.

Miami shot 51% from 2, 61% from 3, 90% from the FT line

Just saw this in the box score. 61% from 3 is reminiscent of our game against them. I hope they go ice cold from 3 when they come to W-S. Hard to beat a team if they’re hitting like that from deep

Last edited:
Back