• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - UNC v. Kansas for the Natty

I wanted to check out the merch but can't figure out how to get to the merch store, can only get to their twitter.

Yeah not sure about that. Honestly, would just prefer to Venmo players directly instead of buying merchandise. Make sure Wake players get paid just like others. Would prefer to give $100 directly rather than spend $100 on merchandise, where the player won't actually pocket $100.

Duke basketball and Notre Dame football have head coaches 35 and under.

Neither has “accomplished” anything. Their resumes are razor things.

Which, of course, is completely irrelevant for the hires at shit programs like Wake Forest let alone the most prestigious jobs in college sports.

Just noting this point in history for future debates where I read from Wake Forest alums “but he hasn’t had success as a head coach at a Power 5 school”

Which, of course, is completely irrelevant for the hires at shit programs like Wake Forest let alone the most prestigious jobs in college sports.

Just noting this point in history for future debates where I read from Wake Forest alums “but he hasn’t had success as a head coach at a Power 5 school”

I know I shouldn’t engage, but huh?

I understand all of those words, individually, but not in that sequence.

Duke Basketball has a head coach under age 35?

wait is this just another plea for Wes Miller

Nah. He’s 38.

Both Duke and Notre Dame are making a calculated risk.

If the young, inexperienced hires work out… Great!

If they don’t, that’s also OK because they could then still break the bank in a couple of years for a big name coach.

Easier for a big name to follow a failed Scheyer than a retiring K.

BC surprisingly blew out Notre Dame. Pitt, who has been god awful, is up 4 with 20 seconds left at UVA. Both surprising.

Oh man. Pitt just got a 5 second violation up 1 with 9 seconds left.

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - ACC Now A Low-End Power Conference

BC surprisingly blew out Notre Dame. Pitt, who has been god awful, is up 4 with 20 seconds left at UVA. Both surprising.

Four teams we could conceivably be better than this year.

I wouldn’t have said that about UVA, but they don’t seem to be getting better like I had expected.

Ha I pulled out the stopwatch and ran the replay a few times, couldn't get 5 seconds no matter how early I started it. I guess if the ref started counting when he blew his whistle, but was still holding the ball, and his pass to the inbounds man counted in the 5 seconds, then it was a violation. What a gift, UVA had no business winning that game.

Ha I pulled out the stopwatch and ran the replay a few times, couldn't get 5 seconds no matter how early I started it. I guess if the ref started counting when he blew his whistle, but was still holding the ball, and his pass to the inbounds man counted in the 5 seconds, then it was a violation. What a gift, UVA had no business winning that game.

Yeah, that was a fast 5 second call. Add to that 1 of the UVA Gs was holding 1 of the Pitt Gs and the Pitt G ran to the corner - I think the UVA G was trying to get the foul call before the ball went into play so no time would go off the clock, but the refs didn't call it. That may have been Tony's worst coached game here. His 2nd half rotations were horrible. He played Stattman important 2nd half minutes after not playing him in the 1st half (and Stattman is a liability on both ends). He played both bigs at the same time in the last 5:00 (which he never does, and both are limited offensively) when they had 4 fouls. He had a distinct lack of shooters in the game the last 5:00 when they went scoreless until the final seconds. He didn't play Milicic at all in the 2nd after he looked decent in the 1st half (and is 1 of their better shooters). And Beekman is turning into the new Casey Morsell - he is terrified to take a shot. The 2nd half of the Iowa game had given me some hope, but this team is just too flawed to have a chance of dancing.

Tennessee and Texas Tech have combined to shoot 7 for 54 from three in tonight’s marquee college hoop game

Back