• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - UNC v. Kansas for the Natty

Colgate, out of the Patriot League is a 3 point favorite at Pitt. Colgate has lost 3 of the last 4 falling against Harvard, Niagara and Northeastern. Again, Colgate is favored at Pitt. Embarrassing.

Yeah, just think how big of an underdog Pitt would be against Crest.

Pitt's basically the Cavity Creeps at this point.

Colgate already beat Syracuse this season.

2-0 vs. the ACC is way better than anything we've done in the ACC over the last decade.

Random story... I almost went to Colgate ("recruited" to play golf there). Drove out there in early April to meet to coach for a round of golf and it was fucking snowing. I mean, I grew up in upstate NY, but it wasn't fucking snowing when I left my house to drive the 2 hours to Colgate. Nope.

2-0 vs. the ACC is way better than anything we've done in the ACC over the last decade.

Random story... I almost went to Colgate ("recruited" to play golf there). Drove out there in early April to meet to coach for a round of golf and it was fucking snowing. I mean, I grew up in upstate NY, but it wasn't fucking snowing when I left my house to drive the 2 hours to Colgate. Nope.

Good friend went to Colgate. Had fun, but in four years, never saw the ground between Thanksgiving and April. Yikes. BTW, Colgate does have a ski team.
winter-walkway-hascall-2500x1875.jpg

The golf course is nice. IIRC, it is a RTJ course. Seven Oaks, which I think is called that that because it is 7 oak trees and about a million pine trees.

One of my friends in town here played PG for the women's team back in the 90s. Loved it there. She's normally 1 of the mildest mannered folks I know, but just don't ask her you mean you couldn't get into Cornell?

The golf course is nice. IIRC, it is a RTJ course. Seven Oaks, which I think is called that that because it is 7 oak trees and about a million pine trees.

It is a nice course. Anyone I have met who went there, loved it.

Colgate won their league the past two (non-COVID) seasons and gave Tennessee a tough game in their first-round matchup a few seasons ago. They are much better than a run of the mill Patriot League team. They are reliant on the 3. If it is hitting, they can beat a lot of good teams. I expect them to win tonight.

Massoud could average 20 pts. a game and I still wouldn’t trade him for anyone on this team. He’s a liability on D and a me guy on offense. So glad we got rid of that Manning trash!

Massoud could average 20 pts. a game and I still wouldn’t trade him for anyone on this team. He’s a liability on D and a me guy on offense. So glad we got rid of that Manning trash!

Massoud couldn't shine LaRavia's shoes. The talent upgrades (DuBose to Alondes, Ish to Jake, Ody and Okpomo to Walton and Sy, Neath to Hildreth) are just massive. Totally different ball game.

Good friend went to Colgate. Had fun, but in four years, never saw the ground between Thanksgiving and April. Yikes. BTW, Colgate does have a ski team.
winter-walkway-hascall-2500x1875.jpg

I visited Colgate in high school (obviously ended up choosing Wake). Parents loved the free ice cream at the end of the tour. I did not love them telling me “Oh the nearest big city is Utica!” as a kid from Chicago.

Rutgers just knocked off #1 Purdue on a shot at the buzzer.

3 lead changes in the last 15 seconds

Are there any elite teams this year?

Are there any elite teams this year?

No one is talking about the defending Champs. Baylor is loaded again. Arizona has crushed everyone they have played. Purdue is excellent. Always hard to win on the road in conference.

My top 8 conference rankings so far:

1. SEC - I guess I have to put them here for now but it won't last. Inflated rankings just like in football. Auburn being ranked 18th for example is highly debatable having won 0 big games. Bama has one decent win (great win over Gonzaga) but also lost to Iona and has played nobody else. Should they actually be labeled a top 10 team already? Kentucky has played one real team (Duke) and lost. The whole conference is just so overvalued in both football and basketball and teams are given the benefit of the doubt for no reason.

2. Big East - 3 out of 11 teams are arguably top 15 (Nova, UCONN, Seton Hall) and three more in the top 50. They crushed the B10 in the Gavvit Games and are leading the Big 12 in that challenge. 8 of the 11 teams have top 25 level wins including many top 10 wins in the league (Seton Hall has two, Marquette one, . Only Georgetown and DePaul are teams that won't have a realistic tourney hope. Other conferences might have a similar number of top 25 teams but then they have a basement of 5 or 6 awful teams, which the Big East just doesn't have. Should be a 7 bid league, which is the equivalent of like 10 or 11 bids for the ACC. This league is just a gauntlet having to play everybody twice. Georgetown being an embarrassment is saving everyone else's bacon.

3. Big Ten - Beat the ACC, has several teams that will feel they can win in March despite varying success thus far (Purdue, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan State).

4. Big Twelve - Four top 30ish teams but not a whole lot after that.

T-5. Pac 12 - Three teams ranging somewhere from good to elite (Arizona, USC, UCLA). Dumpster fire after that.

T-5. ACC - Duke seems to be the real deal, a couple teams seem to have a chance to improve to top 25 level, but the majority of the conference is either mediocre or bad. Will be fascinating to see who separates themselves from the middle pack and can join the national picture. Hopefully we can. The league has a lot more "solid" teams than the Pac12 so it will probably end up being better in the long run despite a brutal out of conference performance.

7. West Coast Conference - Similar to the ACC at the top but not much beyond Gonzaga, BYU, and St. Mary's. Could be a surprise 3 bid league depending on how it shakes out. St Mary's would be the third, and they do have three *decent* wins against Notre Dame, Oregon, and Utah St. Will need two sneak two wins out of their 4 or 5 total games against BYU and the Zags to get in the dance.

8. A10 - St. Bonaventure is decent. Dayton is one of the most confusing teams in the country having beaten Kansas, Miami, and Northern Illinois, but losing to Lipscomb and Austin Peay. URI did beat BC twice but that's not saying much and they also lost to Tulsa and FGCU. Definitely a down year for the conference overall but still a top tier mid major full of schools with basketball crazy fanbases.

Last edited:
Pitt beat Colgate by 3 by the way. Good for them.

Auburn gets four years' "probation" (the kind that does not include a postseason ban) along with some other wrist slaps for Chuck Person taking over $91,000 in bribes

Auburn self-imposed a laughable postseason "ban" last year, as they were headed to a 13-14 season

Louisville another out of conference home L. Shot awful from 3.

GT looking good against LSU early and Notre Dame is hanging close with Kentucky.

Back