• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Captain's Choice Mafia GAME THREAD: Mafia wins!

Rough for me to distinguish special play from Mafia play

Me too. That is why I had you and Mako in the same category.

Civs were dead when Tejas no showed and Diggler was got N2. That was six civs gone, including the cop and backup cop, with no outed mafia and no cleared civs.

yeah i literally had time to investigate knight and then was told i was already dead. good times.

Maf chat/dead chat was fun, also really enjoyed mako running some iso-ball Kobe style that last round, just letting it all hang out. I asked Townie if he would let me suicide N2 to reveal I was captain to give the civs a fighting chance by figuring out who I picked, idk if he said yes or no but it ended up not happening.

From the Mafiascum wiki page:

Lawyer
Lawyer
Alias: none
Alignment: Anti-Town
Role type: Deceptive
Choice: Night

A Lawyer may choose to protect a player from investigations during the night, causing that target to investigate as Innocent (or whichever result is most favorable) to Cops. This role typically hurts town regardless of who uses it (except in rare cases involving multiple anti-town factions), and thus is basically never seen in Town hands.

This role is not considered Normal on mafiascum.net, due to producing misleading investigation results in a way that town cannot reasonably anticipate.

Ok I'm going to start a signup thread for next week. I'll be busy Tuesday morning so I'll either need someone who is dead to help co-mod up to the deadline or push back that deadline, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

yea, would have been p tough given how our game shook out but i thought it was an interesting win condition

I give jtp a tiny bit of attention in the game and he fucking murders me. If my brain wasn’t completely bourbon soaked I would remember that going forward.

Said it in chatzy but I’ll repeat it here, I absolutely love how Knight still sees me like I’m 2013 Gooner, warms my heart

From the Mafiascum wiki page:

Lawyer
Lawyer
Alias: none
Alignment: Anti-Town
Role type: Deceptive
Choice: Night

A Lawyer may choose to protect a player from investigations during the night, causing that target to investigate as Innocent (or whichever result is most favorable) to Cops. This role typically hurts town regardless of who uses it (except in rare cases involving multiple anti-town factions), and thus is basically never seen in Town hands.

This role is not considered Normal on mafiascum.net, due to producing misleading investigation results in a way that town cannot reasonably anticipate.

Powers like that in an open game are something you can logic around. They are much tougher to handle in a closed game. Doesn't matter though really; this game was balanced fine but a no-show AA cop will always drastically impact the civ win percentage.

I give jtp a tiny bit of attention in the game and he fucking murders me. If my brain wasn’t completely bourbon soaked I would remember that going forward.

I actually telegraphed all 3 of my hits. Not quite as cheeky as mako but close.

I’m so so sorry. I got swamped at work and by time I remembered I was dead

Good thing I was just the cop and nothing too important

Back