• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Thanks and congrats to our mtn friends up in Boone

I'm torn, because now we bump up when we win but I'm also gonna have to listen to a bunch obnoxious-ass App fans cry about having a relevant football team again.

Lol, App has a much better and historically important football history than Wake and it isn’t close.

Lol, App has a much better and historically important football history than Wake and it isn’t close.

After last night they are now 2-19 against AP ranked opponents all-time. We might have different definitions of "historically important".

Never play App. Never. VT schmucks on steroids. It's bad enough when VT comes, counterfeits tickets, and throws up in our parking lot. Though I did knock one out. There is nothing good about playing these people.

Was that the same year we welcomed the Gamecocks to Groves? Those fans were some well-behaved folks...

Nothing says "Important football history" more than having one of your biggest games since moving to FBS be on a freaking Wednesday night. :bowrofl: Look, I've always given App a lot of credit for having a very good program, tons of respect for them, but that is just silly to say.

Nothing says "Important football history" more than having one of your biggest games since moving to FBS be on a freaking Wednesday night. :bowrofl: Look, I've always given App a lot of credit for having a very good program, tons of respect for them, but that is just silly to say.

ASU was a great FCS program and is in a neat, isolated little resort town with a very cool stadium (will be better when remove the track and get a real video board). But the Sunbelt is full of teams from Alabama and Louisiana who nobody cares about. They need to upgrade to Conference USA with Charlotte. Must add that the ASU fans were yelling “no bowl” at the end of that gut punch of a game. We were real rivals back then. We hated one another.

Disagree. Their "history" of beating Michigan and to a lesser degree their multiple FCS championships dwarfs anything Wake has done to place itself in a national conversation about the significance and culture of the two football programs. And nothing LOWF about that; I'm sure the same could be said for APP vs. programs like UNC.
Here's another example: Of the following schools, which one do you think nationally is more recognized historically for their football program vs. the others?
-Wake
-UNC
-Missouri
-Arizona
-Permian High School

Disagree. Their "history" of beating Michigan and to a lesser degree their multiple FCS championships dwarfs anything Wake has done to place itself in a national conversation about the significance and culture of the two football programs. And nothing LOWF about that; I'm sure the same could be said for APP vs. programs like UNC.
Here's another example: Of the following schools, which one do you think nationally is more recognized historically for their football program vs. the others?
-Wake
-UNC
-Missouri
-Arizona
-Permian High School

You're just talking about name recognition now - which may be important but it is not the same thing as respect or relevance. No one is going to say Wake has any kind of impressive history when it comes to football. App is 'famous', if at all, because they were a very successful program in a lower division - that may give them name recognition but that is about it.

One branding quality which makes ASU more readily recognizable nationally than Wake Forest is their name Appalachian to which an entire continental population along the east coast from Georgia to Maine holds a connection.

One branding quality which makes ASU more readily recognizable nationally than Wake Forest is their name Appalachian to which an entire continental population along the east coast from Georgia to Maine holds a connection.

I think you're vastly overestimating the average person's knowledge of geography. Your average American probably doesn't know where the Appapachian mountains are. The overwhelming majority of people on the east coast who do know where the Appalachian mountains are can't even pronounce the school's name correctly.

by the definitions the morons are creating, the following programs are more important than Wake :

North Dakota State
Georgia Southern
Independence (Charlotte) High School
Theta Chi A team (1993)

all have won a lot of championships playing at a lower level

-Wake
-UNC
-Missouri
-Arizona
-Permian High School

Permian High School?

Literally nobody West of the Mississippi gives a shit about App unless they went there.

That’s also why Lake Forest is more recognizable nationally than Wake Forest too. Plenty of people have a connection to a lake. LOL.

Back