• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Thanks and congrats to our mtn friends up in Boone

I want to play the Happy Appies any year we can. It will usually be a good game. Those guys play hard and are well-coached, year in, year out. Sure, the game usually won't draw much national exposure, but a quality game against a worthy opponent will draw all sorts of local interest, as indicated by the attendance numbers. And, from a purely selfish perspective, Boone is only about 15 minutes from our vacation house in Banner Elk and W-S is only about an hour and 45 minutes, so easy access for us for either venue. But that is, as I said, just my selfish preference. Finally, the couple of times I have attended games in Boone wearing my Wake gear the opposing fans have been perfectly fine.

This is not the same thing at all. App fans have a long standing inferiority complex when it comes to Wake. While all the schools you mention would love to beat Wake, it means something more to App St. It's like Wake and UNC. There is a reason that the largest attendance App has ever had at their stadium is when we played there in 2017.

And yet UNC somehow overcomes their fear of losing to Wake b/c it means more to us to schedule us as a non-con opponent.

And they bring more certain wins so we can go to bowls for even more attention, recognition, and recruits.

So you are scared of losing to them. We should dominate the series. An occasional upset doesn’t change the dynamic. If we don’t dominate the series, scheduling App isn’t the problem.

Back