• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Accident on Set

Potentially the same way that Brandon Lee was killed filming The Crow

200.gif

Sounds like there was an actual live round in the gun instead of blanks

Sounds like there was an actual live round in the gun instead of blanks

I'm reading the same. If that's the case it sounds like someone wanted Baldwin to shoot someone.

Potentially the same way that Brandon Lee was killed filming The Crow

Wasn't that with a blank round that was shot too close to him? I thought I read that at the time. Blanks actually project paper and concussive force.

This sounds like it was an actual bullet, and it went through one person and into another. I just can't imagine.

Wasn't that with a blank round that was shot too close to him? I thought I read that at the time. Blanks actually project paper and concussive force.

This sounds like it was an actual bullet, and it went through one person and into another. I just can't imagine.

Nah, it was an improperly made dummy round that, when fired, caused the bullet to separate from the casing and get stuck in the barrel, and then a blank was later loaded for the scene and the primer+powder from that was enough to shoot that dummy round bullet at him. So ultimately Brandon Lee was actually killed by a bullet.

Nah, it was an improperly made dummy round that, when fired, caused the bullet to separate from the casing and get stuck in the barrel, and then a blank was later loaded for the scene and the primer+powder from that was enough to shoot that dummy round bullet at him. So ultimately Brandon Lee was actually killed by a bullet.

Thanks for the info. That's the first I've heard of that, but granted, I didn't exactly read up on the incident in the years following.

there was another incident in the 80's (before Brandon Lee) in which an actor held a gun up to his head, fired a blank, and died from the concussive force sending part of his skull into his brain

So is the implication here that a non-union employee was incompetent or that this was some sort of intentional pro-union retaliatory act?

there was another incident in the 80's (before Brandon Lee) in which an actor held a gun up to his head, fired a blank, and died from the concussive force sending part of his skull into his brain

YEah the guy from Voyagers

Back