• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deacs ranked 13th in Coaches Poll

In 2006 the highest we got was 14 in both polls.

Highest ranking I'm seeing is #11 in Week 3 of the 1947 season.

Last edited:
11th AP in the 40s. Highest in the modern era of football.

11th in AP in 1947 but not higher than 14th in AP since then

The coaches dropped OU for barely beating Kansas and moved Cincy up for barely beating Navy.

Coastal and State are still ranked. Not much to choose from among others receiving votes. Louisiana is next up despite barely beating Arkansas State.

Next weekend, #10 Ole Miss goes to #18 Auburn, UNC goes to #12 Notre Dame, #11 is at Wisconsin, #6 Michigan is at #9 Michigan State and #12 Kentucky is at Miss State. Potential for some upsets amongst the teams directly ahead of us.

Next weekend, #10 Ole Miss goes to #18 Auburn, UNC goes to #12 Notre Dame, #11 is at Wisconsin, #6 Michigan is at #9 Michigan State and #12 Kentucky is at Miss State. Potential for some upsets amongst the teams directly ahead of us.

One time all year I'll be pulling for Notre Dame. Don't want the Holes to have any momentum when we play them the following week. That, and the fact that it's the Holes.

well actually six weeks if you count the 10 minutes a day they were working on Army after preparing for the other games as well.

While I'm thrilled that we're ranked where we are, I do think it's BS that a 7-0 ACC team isn't in the Top 10. No way a 7-0 Clempson or F$U against the exact same opponents wouldn't be Top 10 and most likely Top 5.

Just got to keep winning and prove the voters wrong.

I mean Army just hung up 56 on us. I'm not feeling particularly disrespected. This is as high as we've been in my lifetime!

While I'm thrilled that we're ranked where we are, I do think it's BS that a 7-0 ACC team isn't in the Top 10. No way a 7-0 Clempson or F$U against the exact same opponents wouldn't be Top 10 and most likely Top 5.

Just got to keep winning and prove the voters wrong.

It's just more proof that preseason rankings are BS and only help to keep the "big boys" on top. The AP and Coaches polls should wait until at least 4 weeks in to put out a poll.

And a 11-1 (7-1) Clemson or FSU wouldn’t be eliminated from CFP contention before even losing that game.

If we beat Duke I expect a bump from the playoff committee and the polls. The committee will look at the body of work from this season and preseason preferences should be minimized. Wake would be one of four undefeated teams in the Power Five. Three road wins and no blemishes count.

Realistically, the only way the Deacs make the playoffs is as an undefeated P5 champion. Lose a game and it will be a big drop. Until then I suspect the committee keep the Deacs within respectable reach of the Top 4.

Wake should be ahead of Iowa and Penn State on every ballot. Those teams are awful.

What I find very interesting is comparing us and Oklahoma. Yea, our defense has been extremely suspect the past few weeks but Oklahoma (currently #4) has eeked by Kansas and Tulane in addition to close games with Nebraska, Texas and West Virginia. Our drubbing of UVA @UVA is more impressive than any of their wins, but we're 9 spots behind them in the polls. Like the above post says though....if we can manage to go 13-0 I don't think it'll matter.

Back