• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CUTCLIFFE Press Conference

DeacAssured

Reaction score
https://goduke.com/news/2021/10/25/football-david-cutcliffe-press-conference-quotes-wake-forest.aspx

(Ref.: On the Wake Forest wide receivers play)
"Well, they do a great job of contested catches. They did it against Army. They've done it every game. They're strong. They're long-limbed guys. Just aggressive with their hands and probably catch the ball as well as anybody. They've got speed and quickness on top of it. I think what's happened with those receivers, you could see the longer you play with a guy like Sam Hartman, you get better. There's a belief that the ball is going to be where I can make a play on it, and that's how they've been really successful."

(Ref.: On where he has Wake Forest ranked in his ballot)
"No, I don't reveal where I rank because somebody else gets mad. You all will get to see that in the last one of the year. I have them ranked in the top 10. I will tell you that."

Ref.: On how to face Wake Forest's fast-paced offense)

Cut left out " oh, we just make sure to fake an injury anytime we're gassed and they're moving the ball at will on us." That was the strategy 2 years ago.

Did he mention switching to the triple option in the press conference?

Actually some really, really complimentary stuff from Cut. Like, by far the nicest I've ever heard him speak about our program. I guess we've never been 7-0 and ranked in his top 10 before, either. Gonna dig up some of his old quotes and icy Clawson exchanges to start hating him again.

Yeah not a fan but can't complain at all with his comments. It's good to be good...

He’s trying to make us like them. But it won’t work. We hate Duke.

His team sucks, his days are numbered, and he’s too old to care. I’m not surprised he took the high road.

Our O line needs to realize Cut is an asshole and they will try and cheap shot Sam.

I would switch shit up, give our D a slight breather and run the 3 backs all day on Duke. Pound them.

Ref.: On how to face Wake Forest's fast-paced offense)

Cut left out " oh, we just make sure to fake an injury anytime we're gassed and they're moving the ball at will on us." That was the strategy 2 years ago.

There have been media comments about fans increasingly booing when a defensive player is "injured." The use of this strategy, which is annoying to say the least, has made fans cynical. Now, when a player is laid out on the field the immediate response is not one of concern, but one of frustration. The guy may be legitimately hurt, but the fake injury strategy deprives him of the sympathy and concern we were once used to.

He’s trying to make us like them. But it won’t work. We hate Duke.

Must...resist...taking...compliments...from...Cutcliffe...Damn, the dark side of the force is powerful.

Our O line needs to realize Cut is an asshole and they will try and cheap shot Sam.

I would switch shit up, give our D a slight breather and run the 3 backs all day on Duke. Pound them.

Like Army?

Duke is the worst team we have played since Norfolk St. Looking for a similar result.

Expect dook to give us a big dose of Mateo.

Need to shut him down as their one trick pony.

His team sucks, his days are numbered, and he’s too old to care. I’m not surprised he took the high road.

I love the fact that he is the coach at Duke. It gives me another good reason to hate Duke, this time in football. Before he was there I didn't really hate them in football. Under Ted Roof and Carl Franks, I just kind of felt sorry for them, when I thought about them at all. But Cutcliffe is such a major league asshole, that it makes it more fun.

Back