• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How do the Deacs stack up against the best College Football teams of all time??

plama

Reaction score
https://fanbuzz.com/college-football/undefeated-college-football-teams/

Vince Young's Texas
Jameis's FSU
Mac Jones' Bama
Joe Burrow's LSU
Reggie Bush USC
95 Cornhuskers
Dorsey's Canes

Vince Young, Ken Dorsey, Tommie Frazier & Jameis Winston all are kinda NFL busts, compared to us being led by Hartman who seems like he has a floor of multiple time pro bowler. So I know it's hard to compare eras, but the edge clearly has to go go to Wake here.

Mac Jones' Bama has some potential, but clearly Waddle and Smith were overhyped. If they were any good, the Dolphins and Eagles would be good. The Fins just lost to the Jags, and Smith has one TD all year. Roberson and Perry had 2 more TDs last week than Waddle and Smith have had all year, so edge: Wake

LSU must not have been that good if they're already firing Orgeron, and Bush's title got vacated. So unless this article is missing one of the best teams of all time I think it'd be hard to argue against Wake being the best team of all time. Am I forgetting anyone??

agreed

I think Roberson/Perry is comparable to Chase/Jefferson for LSU as well

I love our success this season, but let's get real about this.

I’m takin the Hitman over any of the QBs listed. He’s my QB1

this is like c grade trolling but what else would you expect from plama

Just sitting here laughing out loud at this thread. Keep it up guys. You know how to have fun when the opportunity presents itself.

Enjoy the moment folks. It rarely gets better than this for Demon Deacon football.

Back