• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake basketball over/under for wins this season?

DBlues

Jesco White
Reaction score
1) Has anyone seen a line on that? and 2) What do you think it should be for this season?

Have been searching. You can find O/U's on perceived elite teams (KY, Duke, KS), but have yet to see O/U on the rank and file, including WF. KP has WF at 14 regular season wins; so, the total would be close to that I would be pounding the over like Jamie Foxx in the MGM Sports Book ads...

Football team is undefeated, see no reason to set the bar lower for basketball.

Bet Rivers (in VA) has over/unders for regular season conference wins.

For WF, the O/U is 7.5 (-130). Thought total would be a little lower, but still took the over, as I would be disappointed if WF went 7-13 or worse in the ACC regular season. BR's limits are super-low, but to their credit, they are the only book so far with any kind of basketball team over unders. FWIW, WF is 100 to 1 to win the ACC regular season, as optimistic as I am, could not take that. Only Pitt and BC have longer odds.

Last edited:
I wonder what WF football odds to win the ACC were to start the season at Bet Rivers. Sounds like a solid spot.

Bet Rivers (in VA) has over/unders for regular season conference wins.

For WF, the O/U is 7.5 (-130). Thought total would be a little lower, but still took the over, as I would be disappointed if WF went 7-13 or worse in the ACC regular season. BR's limits are super-low, but to their credit, they are the only book so far with any kind of basketball team over unders. FWIW, WF is 100 to 1 to win the ACC regular season, as optimistic as I am, could not take that. Only Pitt and BC have longer odds.

Assuming 8.5 wins in OOC (probably a reasonable total given the schedule), 7.5 conference wins equates to a winning record this year (16-15) in the regular season.

That’s not nearly as pessimistic as I’d have expected.

Back